Chapter 12

I felt happy, a feeling I hadn't felt for long since my mother died.

I was always the 'lonely bullied girl'. I close my eyes and dream of a time when I wasn't all alone. Sometimes it's better to be Alone...Nobody can hurt you. But at times, you miss having a person to talk to, to help you..

Sometimes your ceiling is your best friend. As funny as that sounds, you spend hours staring the ceiling, just thinking.

Being lonely is like a storm with no rain, crying without tears.

Feeling happy after a long time is like a kid receiving his first gift from Santa Clause.

I pulled away, grinning like an idiot, despise what he had done to me, I was happy for a second.

I realized that happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

"Hurry up," Melissa said, along with cheerful smile.

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it." I thanked her profusely.

She was so sweet.

Little did I know that I would eat my own words.

"You need to thank Alex, too." She smirked, an evil one I might say.

"Thanks,"

He nodded.

"I need to get ready, see you at the airport." he added, saying something along the words ' nice meeting you ' to Melissa.

Making my way to my closet. I unhooked the dress from its place. Staring at it silently, It was one of the few dresses I had only. I didn't have much clothes nor the money to buy.

" Don't worry about women stuff, I've already packed them in a bag." she pointed to the leather bag. I bent down and murmuring a thank you, I opened it slowly, it contained hairbrush, makeup, and pads. Wow.

To be completly honest, I didn't expect my stepfather's girlfriend to act this way, to be very nice and sweet, in fact I expected her to be the like the evil stepmother in cindrella.

"But what if he asks about me?" I asked suddenly.

" Don't worry about it." she smiled.

I smiled back. I have many problems in my life, but my lips don't know that. They always smile.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

"You're so sweet."

"Ah, thanks." she smiled once more, leaving me alone for privacy.

After putting on my dress, I added a little blush, mascara, and eyeliner. Makeup gave me confidence, the type of confident you feel when someone compliments you.

Looking at myself in the mirror once again, I smiled, satisfied.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, pulling my bag over my shoulder.

" Where's David? " I asked Melissa once I stepped into the kitchen.

"He's out, don't worry." she smiled when she saw my worried face. " I'll drive you to the airport."

"Aw thanks," I thanked him for the millionth time that day.

♤♡

We hugged, she told me she'll miss me, I believed her.