Chapter Eight (Unexpected Differences)

Chapter Eight - Unexpected Differences

                My room was a mess, mostly near my bed and wardrobe. Why you asked? Well, today was the day that both of my crushes asked me out. I woke up in bed at 7 and quickly prepared myself for this big day. But unfortunately, I stared at the clock wall now, 8.30 was read on it and I was still walking around in my room with a towel around my waist. I was having a fashion crisis!

                 I just couldn't decide which clothes to wear and which hairstyle should I choose. I was standing in front of these jumble of clothes and gels, shirtless and a uncombed hair. Who said only girls and women got fashion problem, that's bulllocks!

                  "Someone helps me!" I yelled, causing it to echo around my room.

                  Within a minute, someone's footsteps were getting closer in a fast mode.

                   "What happened honey! Did someone break in?"

                    A tall and beautiful lady that didn't look like she was in her late 40 were standing in front of my door, with a pink spectula in her hand. She's wearing her extra large T-shirt and a pair of short jeans. This lady here is my mother. I inherited most of hers than my father's, her black hair, her butterscotch eyes, her height and her fair long legs. But I dyed mine with a little brown highlight. The funniest thing was when I went out with my mother, going for a shopping trip. People often took us as twins, which I enjoyed so as my mom.

                    "No mom. I'm just having a problem." I told her and pointed at the colorful clothes that had spreaded out everywhere in my room.

                     "Oh yeah, you are saying you are going out with a couple friends right?"

                     "Yes mom." I mumbled. Couple friends... More like a couple troubles.

                     "Don't mumble Aaron! I don't give birth to you to mumble!" She scolded me nicely.

                     "Yes madam," I saluted her with my best soldier mode. She laughed at me so am I. We were weird and funny together.

                      "I think you are better with your usual clothes. Whatever you wear, you look cute in it honey," She kissed my forehead and went out from my room. Before that, "Don't forget to clean it all up!" She yelled. I laughed, this's my mom.

                      So after my mom told me that I could wear anything. I decided to wear a sweater with a bunny hoody and a pair of yellow baggy trousers!

                       No way in hell I was going to wear those, besides I didn't have those. So I just wore my usual clothes but a little catchy. A V-neck white T-shirt with a big ' Being A Teenager Is NOT A Crime' printed on it and a pair of dark purple jeans. I chose a spiked up hairstyle and put on a pair of big rectangle white frame fake specs without the glasses.

                        I looked at my reflection. I looked adorable and edible. Cedric and Dean, both of you were in a serious gay case. I looked at the time. Shoot!

                        I quickly grabbed my cellphone and texted both Cedric and Dean the exact same text. This plan couldn't be ruined!

                        I texted 'No need 2 pick me, Have ride.' to both of them.

                        Thinking about Alice's words tomorrow after we were done with our movie, made me nervous. She told Seth and I the plan, which was a great one. Even Seth gave up to reject it. She told me to text them the those texts to them and waited for their reaction. She said according to both of their personalities, Cedric would text back 'Okay.' and Dean would text back 'No, I am picking you up'.