Chapter Thirteen (Burnin' Up)

Chapter Thirteen - Burnin' Up

             Back to Aaron's POV

             "No!"

             I shouted as I saw the powerful blow smashed directly at Cedric's face. I heard a crack, the sound of guilt. Cedric flew backward and hit his back on the table who sat on, causing our drinks dropped and broke into pieces a thud on the floor. I stood there, inside Dean's hold, shaking with fear and terror. Cedric groaned and used his hand to rub his temples. I wanted to run to Cedric's side, but Dean trapped me inside his hold. Everyone in here, completely wide eyes and speechless. I saw some smart parents quickly rushed out from the shop, along with their innocent children.

              "Someone! Help the guy! Please!" I shouted at the crowd around us, asking for help. I wanted them to help Cedric out from here before Dean hurt him more. Dean was already out of control, even I couldn't stop him. The first thing to do was to get Cedric out from here.Dean was really pissed off when I shouted, as he bent my face onto his hard back to shut my mouth. Because I was taller than him, so my head had been over his shoulder. So he had to force my head to bend until my mouth touched his back. But I used all my energy to lift my head backward.

               "Please! Anyone! Jessica! Get him..." I was cut off by Dean, forced my head onto his back once again. This time, he held it tightly. But fortunately, it didn't hurt. He controlled his strength very well, to make sure I didn't get hurt. But I needed to talk, to Dean and my neck had started to sore slowly. I patted on his left chest with my right hand, to signal him to left me go. He hesitated at first, but eventually gave up because I slapped his chest harder each time. Finally he let go, I could breathe better now. His perfume nearly choked the life out of me.

                 I used my hands to cup his face, forcing his burning eyes that had fixed on Cedric. His eyes softened once they met my eyes.

                 "You are better than this. So please, enough... I... I..." I paused, thinking of something. I wanted Cedric to safe. And I knew the only thing Dean wanted was me... "I will listen to you what you tell me... please let him go..." I whispered into his ears. His face glowed with surprise and happiness, covered his anger. He nodded and grabbed my hand. I was a jerk, I couldn't believe I left Cedric there, but he would be okay if I didn't go there. If I fought back Dean and ran to Cedric's side, I knew Dean would kill him in one blow. I couldn't risk that... I was so sorry Cedric... All I was hoping now was...

                 "Hey! Come back! We will finish this!" I heard gasps from people around us. I sucked in a sharp breath too when I heard that. No no no no! Stupid Cedric!

                  I looked back and saw Cedric had already on his feet, ready to fight back. I wide my eyes to get his attention, telling him to run before it's too late. But his focus was on Dean.

                  Dean stopped on track.

                   "No Dean... Don't... " I whispered into his ears again, he nodded and clutched my hand tightly in his hand, pulling me and him out from here. Come on Cedric, Dean already let you live. Please don't...

                    "What? Afraid? What a chicken. So Dean Hanson is really a faggot?" At the end, Cedric stil broke the truce by saying that. My legs had frozen, so as Dean's.

                      Faggot... Was that what he really thought of us... I thought... I thought he...

                      I collasped on the cold polished floor, tears quickly flew out from my eyes. It hurted. I couldn't believe it came out from the same Cedric I knew. The cheerful and nice Cedric now turned into a homophobic guy. I should have known... He never loved you, Aaron. He was just teasing you, like a straight friend. Straight, I laughed at that thought. I wished I was that. Suddenly, I heard Dean was moving back to the table. No! I turned back to face them. I wanted to run there before it happened but I was too late. Dean was already standing in front Cedric, with ball of fire in his soul.