Chapter Twenty-Five (Past)

Chapter Twenty-Five - Past

                     Aaron's POV

                     There was a time when you saw a gigantic and scary monster you were so sure you would faint and woke up discovered it was just a dream. You told everybody about it and acted like it was the worst nightmare you had ever encountered.

                       No, you were wrong. The worst nightmare was the monster was right in front of you, going to eat you. But you didn't do anything, no falling into unconsciousness, not even a slight darkness. Mostly, it wasn't a dream either. No way out of it. Waiting it to gobble you up.

                        Well, at least I knew the intention of this monster. If it wanted to swallow me, I would gladly accept it because I had enough of this pain. The pain that left me suffocating, devastating...

                         It gave me long enough to live, now, it wanted to take it all back. Once and for all.

                        It should take my life that day, at least before I had found true friendship and love.

                         Yeah, she should. She should kill me right here and then, to end my sorrow and hers.

                         Until now, I still couldn't forgive myself...

                         That night had changed my way to look at the world.

                      -   That night  -

                         "Did you see Lucy anywhere in the crowd?" I yelled at Alice, trying to cover the loud noise in the background.

                           Alice was checking her dress. She stopped and looked at me, giving me an eyebrow.

                           "What?" I said confusely. I peeked through the curtain, but all I saw was sea of human beings screaming like a cat just got choked from drinking to much milk in one try. God, I hate this kind of atmosphere.

                            "Did you?" I looked back at Alice as she continued to ignore me. Did I say anything wrong? Why was she ignoring me?

                             "Alice?" I skipped all the way to her, waving my hands in front her like a maniac trying to get her attention. Instead of attention, she pushed me aside and checked herself in the mirror again. She was so conceited.

                             “Alice." I whined, circling around her body. I gave her the most adorable puppy dog eyes, waiting for her to give in. She sighed, flipping her hair to the back as she gave me a stern look. I sensed danger and quickly ran away from her.

                             "Bitch." I muttered under my breath.

                             "What did you say?" She hissed, stomping towards me as I heard the heavy footsteps behind. I quickly turned around and face her, holding my hands up to protest.

                             "Did I say bitch? No, I mean witch. No! I mean, sandwich. You want a sandwich? I sure want one. Gotta go!"

                              When I was about to make my great escape, I ran into Fred, Luce's brother. He held onto me when I nearly tripped. He got Luce's hazel window of soul but his hair was blonde which probably got from his mother. I gave him an apologize look and tried to run away, but I was too late when the witch already had her poison claws on me.