Chapter 14

• Carter •

Justin and I are sitting on my couch, absentmindly staring at each other in silence.

"So-" I begin to say.

"I have-" Justin starts at the same time.

"You first." We both say simutaneously.

I chuckle. "Just go. I was just going to ask 'What's up.'"

Justin laughs softly. "Ok, um. I have been meaning to ask you..." He pauses, fiddling with his fingers. "Well, Selena sent me a text inviting me to her Monte Carlo premiere..." I bite his lip awkwardly. "And said I could bring you..."

"Whoa," I cut him off. "You told her about me?"

He shakes his head. "No. I asked if I could bring someone and she said yes."

I nod slowly. "Ok...I guess." Then something hits me. "Won't there be, like, paparazzi? Does this mean we're...going public?"

Justin simply smiles. "Pretty much."

My eyes widen. He wanted to go public. As in, the whole world will know that we're together. That meant...that meant he did have strong feelings for me.

This was serious.

All I could do was smile in return. "That sounds great, Justin."

He's grinning now, bringing his face to mine and crushing my lips with his.

I kiss him back, the world around us seeming to disappear. The next thing you know, Justin's kissing my neck, leaving a trail of kisses as he moves to my ear. I hold him to me, pulling him down as I lay back on the couch.

He stops kissing me and just stares into my eyes. His eyes were like an endless pool of caramel. I could stay like this forever.

He stares at me a little bit longer before starting to kiss me again. I can feel our tongues moving together as I hold his face to mine, never wanting to let go.

Then I hear the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Justin and I pull apart, blushing as we turn to look at Aunt Marci who's stating at us, a frown on her face. She must have finished grocery shopping and just gotten back. Mia's back from Malibu. She's standing by the door, a funny expression on her face.

"Mind explaining to me what I just saw?" Aunt Marci snaps, tapping her foot on the ground.

"Geez," Mia butts in. "They were just making out in the couch. What's so bad about that?"

"Mia!" Aunt Marci scowls. Mia shrugs.

I feel my face flush. "Um..."

"I was just leaving." Justin blurts, standing up awkwardly.

I squeeze my lips together, holding back a laugh. "Bye." I squeal.

He leans back into my ear. "I'll pick you up tomorrow for the premiere." He whispers.

I nod and kiss his cheek before he pulls away. Aunt Marci throws him a glare as he awkardly heads towards and out the door.

I giggle and stand up. "I'll be in my room." I make a run for the stairs before Aunt Marci could say anything, trying not burst out laughing.

• Justin • // Next Day //

I'm sitting in the limo outside Carter's house, staring out the window and waiting for her to appear. I'd called her not long ago and told her I was outside. She'd responded by telling me she'd be out in flash.