Chapter 23

• Justin •

I arrive back home after the movie, falling back onto my bed with a sigh as I pull my cellphone out of my pocket.

"Shit!" I exclaim when I realize I had about 3 texts from Carter and a missed call from her as well. I had completely forgotten to take my phone off silence.

I tried calling her back, praying that she'd answer. But she didn't. It was too late and she was probably asleep. So I left her a text and hoped she would forgive me.

__________________________

My cell was on silent so I didn't hear ur texts/calls. Im so sorry! Promise I'll call u tomorrow. Miss you !! ily2 xxxxxxxxx ~Justin

__________________________

• Carter •

I woke up the next morning to find that Justin had called and texted me back. I was somewhat relieved. I didn't wait for him to call me like he promised in the text. I just hit call and pressed the phone to my ear, aching to hear his voice.

"Hello?" His groggy voice answers, making me smile.

"Justin! Hey. Morning." I smile to myself. "Did I wake you?"

"Nah, it's cool." His voice no longer sounds tired. "I'm guessing you got my text."

"Yeah. And apology excepted." I inform him.

He chuckles. "Sorry again. Chaz and I had gone out to see a movie with Selena, Demi, and Cameron and I had my phone on silent."

"I understand," I say, sitting up and resting my head on my knees as I talk. "So you and Selena are cool now?"

"Yeah," He tells me. "We're friends. No hard feelings whatsoever."

"That's good to hear." I chuckle. "Was the movie any good?"

"Half of it was really good."

"What about the other half?"

"I wouldn't know. I completely missed it."

I raise an eyebrow even though he can't see me. "How come?"

"Selena and I went out to grab some snacks and then we were ambushed by paparazzi." He admits.

I stifle a laugh. "Sounds dangerous."

"It was."

I giggle and then sigh. "I miss you."

"Tell me about it." He exhales. "How many more months tell graduation?"

"Seven months." I run a hand through my hair. "Sadly."

He sighs again. "I don't want to wait."

"Me either."

"Carter?" A different voice says and I hear the door to my room creak open. I look up to see Cale standing there with nothing but boxers. I bite back a laugh, not quite used to the image of Cale in boxers. Yeah, he has a six pack. Yeah, he's hot. But yeah, it was still funny.

"You coming down for breakfast?" Cale questions as he let's out a yawn. I nod and shoo him away, motioning towards my phone.

He nods, an understanding look on his face as he walks out.

"Carter?" Justin's voice says over the phone. "You still there?"

"Yeah," I grin. "I've got to go. Call you later?"

"Looking forward to it."

"I love you."

"I love you more."