Chapter 21

- One Week Later -

• Carter •

"Cale?" I knock on Cale's door, running a hand through my hair.

"At your service." Cale grins when he prys open the door.

I chuckle. "Can I borrow your laptop?"

"Anytime." He smiles, disappearing back into his room and then reappearing, his apple laptop clutched in his hands. "What it you need it for?"

"Video chat." I admit, taking the laptop from him. "I promised Justin I'd chat with him today."

"Ah," Cale nods, understanding. "You're definitely better at this than I ever was."

"Better at what?"

"The long distance thing." He tells me.

"Oh," I smile slightly. "Maybe it's because what Justin and I have..." I pause and my cheeks reddening at my current thought. "What we have...it's real."

Cale gives me a smile. "I can tell. Whenever you talk about him...it's obvious you're in love."

I tilt my head. "Was it like that with you and Kelsey?" I ask, referring to his ex.

Cale sighs, leaning against the doorframe. "Our relationship was...hard to explain." He looks down at the floor. "I was madly in love with her but...she didn't act like she was madly in love with me."

I place my hand on his shoulder. "Maybe she just wasn't the one."

"Maybe not."

"You'll find the right girl someday." I tell him with an assuring smile.

He returns it. "Thanks, Carter. You're like the sister I've always wanted."

I chuckle and gently push his shoulder. "And you're like the brother I never wanted."

His eyes widen. "Never?"

"Kidding!" I laugh. "Now let me go talk to Justin. He's probably sitting impatiently by his laptop waiting for me." I say, turning around to head back to my room.

"I don't want to see any kiss marks on my laptop!" Cale yells after me.

"No promises!" I shout back, slipping into my bedroom and closing the door behind me.

I sit down on the bed and place the laptop on my lap, prying it open and quickly going to TinyChat. Sure enough, the minute I get on I get an invite from Justin. I grin like nut as I hit accept, seeing Justin's face appear on the screen.

"Hey!" I smile, waving. We haven't tried video chatting before but I suddenly like it way more than calling or texting. I could never get enough of seeing Justin's hazel, brown eyes staring back at me and his lips curved into his signature smile that I love so much.

"Hey." He smiles, his voice making my heart leap. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." I tell him.

"You look beautiful." He says, a cocky smile on his face.

I feel myself blush. "You're so cheesy, Justin."

He cocks his head to the side. "How that cheesy? It's a fact."

I shrug, my smile widening. "So, how's life?" I decide to ask him.

He shrugs as well, grinning. "I don't know. How are you?"

I bite my lip, blushing deeper. "Are you saying I'm your life, Justin?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." He informs me.