Victoria's Secret

Jasabelle

I let go of Nyx's waist and went to sit back on the stool. I watched him move around the kitchen at ease, as if he made his own food all the time.

"Do you cook often?" I asked him, my head slightly cocked to the side as he pulled out a pan.

He looked over at me and smiled. "Yeah, I guess. It's usually just me in the house, so I just cook for one. Why do you ask?"

I shake my head. "It's just...I would make everyone's food. I've never seen an Alpha cook for himself."

I could see him stiffen at the mention of my life as the runt. I could see his beautiful eyes slowly turning black. I had upset him with my talking.

"Oh I'm so sorry Alpha Nyx! I did not mean to upset you! I-I won't mention my life anymore. J-just please do not be upset with me!" I begged as I began pacing in front of him, afraid to touch him again.

Nyx closed his eyes and took deep breaths as he tried to regain some control over his wolf. When he opened his eyes, they were no longer black, but that beautiful shade of green. He gave me a sad smile and took my small had into his larger one. "I'm sorry baby if I scared you. I-I...I just hate to think of you back there. I just feel like I failed you. Maybe if I had actually gone to your pack instead of sending my Beta then I could've saved you years ago." He sighed and ran his free hand through his hair. I could feel his guilt and sadness. I didn't like how it felt. I just wanted him to be happy again.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known I was there. You had other important things to attend to then meeting with Alpha Harvey." I assured him. Alpha Harvey was not that high up on the totem pole when it came to Alphas. Sure he had treaties and relations with a few packs but nothing substantial. Not like Nyx.

Nyx shook his head at me. "I still can't believe that I found you. I was sure that I would go the rest of my life without a mate."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"You are supposed to find your mate at 17 and at 25 I had given up hope. I thought that maybe the Spirits had missed me or that maybe you were human and had died. I was just starting to accept that I would never have a mate." He gave me a sad smile and brought his hands up to caress my face. "But I found you. So small, delicate and beautiful. I had given up hope and I stumbled onto you. I may not have taken care of you before, but I will be damned if I don't take care of you now."

After our meal, which consisted of more than I have ever been fed at one time in my entire life, Nyx told me he was going to order some clothes and stuff for me over the internet.

"I can use the internet?!" I squealed as he led the way to his office. "I'm so excited! I haven't used a computer in 6 years!"

Again I can see the heartbreak in his eyes, just like when I told him about my showering privileges. He kissed the top of my head and opened the door to his office. It was spacious with a giant brown desk in the center. Behind it were windows that went from the ceiling to the floor that had green drapes. The two walls on the side were covered in ceiling to floor bookshelves. They had massive books, trophies, picture frames and other little trinkets on them. The walls were painted a nice light green, almost the color of his eyes. The floor beneath us was covered in a soft carpet, which was different from the wooden floors of the rest of the house. I liked his office.

"Your office is really nice." I comment as I made my way around looking at everything. I was careful not to touch anything. I didn't want him to get mad at me.

"I'm glad you like it. You can sit in here with me while you get stuff that you want. I have paperwork to do, but you can sit on the couch over there." He pointed to small beige couch on the right wall. It was pretty close to his desk.