Sleepy Pictures

Jasabelle

"Left kick! Right kick!" Jared boomed at me.

I panted as sweat dripped down my face. I glared at the punching bag in front of me. The last three weeks have consisted of me eating a lot, trying to interact with the pack and training with Jared.

"I'm...tired....I....need....a break." I panted. My hair was sticking to the sides of my face and I was leaving a pool of sweat on the floor.

Jared huffed in annoyance. "Fine. We can be done for today." I've learned that Jared is a very closed off person. He's also very uptight about everything.

"Thank you Jared," I tried to smile at him, but everything hurt. I had lots of energy from all the food I've been eating. I've gained five pounds of muscle in the last month alone, but my muscles aren't used to all the movement and vigorous activity.

Jared nodded his head and left me alone in the pack house gym. I plopped myself down on the floor and laid there just thinking about how much has changed in the last few weeks.

I met the pack. I was absolutely terrified.

"Im not sure I can do this anymore." I whispered to Nyx as we stood outside the pack house. Everyone was inside, waiting for me to be introduced to them. It had been a week since Athea had attacked me and I had finished healing.

"Don't worry baby girl, I'll be right here." Nyx looked down at me adoringly and gave my hand a small squeeze of encouragement.

I took a deep breath and nodded at him. "Okay. Let's do this before I turn around and run back home."

Nyx laughed and turned the knob to the door. We were met with cheering that startled the absolute hell out of me.

I jumped out of my skin and into Nyx's chest which caused him to growl. All the cheering immediately stopped and I felt bad.

I slapped Nyx's chest surprising myself. "Don't be mean. They just surprised me."

He huffed at me and just smiled, which drew a few gasps from the pack. "Did you just hit me?" he teased.

My eyes went wide. "Y-yes. Yes I did." I answered slowly backing into the crowd.

He smirked. "I'll give you until the count of three."

I shook my head and looked around at all the shocked and awed pack members. "Come on Nyx, you can't be serious."

"One."

"Nyx...."

"Two."

"Baby?"

"Two and a half...."

I looked around once again and smiled. "Cover me everyone!"

The pack members looked from Nyx to me and grinned and formed a sort of human wall around me as I took off into a dead sprint in the pack house.

"THREE!"

I squealed as I heard him grunting his way through the thick crowd of the pack. They were letting me through and then quickly moving in the way of Nyx to buy me some time.

I had made it outside and was almost into the forest when two arm encircled my waist. I let out a mix between a laugh and scream as Nyx picked me up.

"I'll always catch you baby girl." His minty breath tickled my ear as he whispered to me.

I giggled as he turned me around in his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. I looked over his shoulder to see the pack had followed us outside.

I smiled at them and raised my hand timidly to wave, still slightly tucked into Nyx's chest. "H-Hi...My name is Jasabelle...it's nice to meet you all."

I smiled at the memory. I went around the entire day and tried to learn everyone's name. There were over five hundred members so it was difficult, but I definitely tried my best.

"Jasabelle?" I heard my mate's deep voice call. I picked my head up slightly and saw him in the doorway of the gym.

"Hello there." I smiled as I picked myself up to lay on my elbows.

"Are you okay?" Nyx made his way over to me, his eyes filled with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a little tired from the workout today."

He growled slightly helping me off the floor. "I knew Jared was pushing you too hard. I'm going to have to talk-"

I cut him off. "He isn't pushing me too hard Nyx. I'm not used to any type of exercise so all this is hard for me. Do not be mean to Jared."

Nyx just huffed and picked me up bridal style. I sighed and snuggled into his chest contently. My snuggling earned a growl of satisfaction from my mate. In these last few weeks Nyx still hasn't marked me, and I could tell he was getting restless.

It wasn't that I didn't want to be marked, I just didn't want him to mark me and then suddenly grow tired or bored of me and then end up resenting me for the rest of our extended lives. I would do anything to bare his mark happily.

"Baby girl?" Nyx's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I saw that we were now in our bedroom. "What had you thinking so hard?"

I shook my head. "It was nothing important. I was just thinking about you."

He grinned. "Oh yeah?" he gently set me on our bed, "What about me?"

I blushed. "Y-you know. Just you." I was convinced he would always make me blush.

Nyx sat next to me and pulled me into his side. "I'm glad to know you think about me so deeply that you forget the world around you. I do that a lot whenever I'm alone in my office." He chuckled.

I smiled at him. I spend a lot of time with him in his office since the library was through there. We sat around just talking and laughing, like regular mates. No worries, no statuses. Just my mate and I.

I sighed in content once again, breathing in his yummy scent of sugar cookies. "I know. Sometimes I walk in and find you staring at your phone smiling. You don't even notice me and I just go back upstairs."

I had learned how to use that contraption of a cell phone. First of all, it was huge, second it was so complicated with all the different things you could do! Calling, video messaging, text messaging, video chatting! I was so frustrated at first but then I slowly grew to love the thing. Especially since I could talk to Nyx whenever I wanted. So far I only had his number saved in my phone, but I was really trying to make new friends.

Nyx on the other hand was used to his phone, so all he did was take pictures of me while I wasn't looking. I thought most of them were horrible, but he adored them all. His wallpaper was a picture of me sleeping, my head on his chest and my legs curled up around him. That picture was one of the one's I did like, just because he was smiling in it.

Nyx blushed at the comment. "Oh shush. Hurry up and go shower, you have to go eat something." He muttered.

I giggled and gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading into the bathroom for a shower. Though I still doubted that his interest in me would last forever, for now I was enjoying the adoration he was giving me and would continue to until he no longer wanted anything to do with me.

----------------------------

1240 WORDS. Yasssssss!

Hello there and happy new year my bunnies! I know I'm late but the new year came with my job and my semester starting again ): BUUUUTTTT I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I know a lot happens but I wanted to really start getting things going a little more ! 

Remember to vote, comment and follow me for updates and things! 

As always,

Peace,

Love, 

& Baby Ducks <3