Strange Places

Nyx

I watched as my baby girl slept on the couch in my office, failing miserably at working while she was there. I sighed happily at the sight of her small frame on the couch, her arm tucked her head and her legs curled up into her stomach. She was the most precious thing in the world, in my opinion.

I shook my head at the fact that she only spent $500 on herself today. I mean, granted she bought a lot of things on sale, but she still felt as though it was too much money. She's probably never even had $500 worth of clothes in her possession her entire life. The guilty look on her face when she told me how sorry she was for spending the money broke my heart. I hope she understands that I want her to spend as much as she wants; she is mine to take care of.

I loved saying that. She was mine. Mine forever.

I was a possessive son of a bitch, and I knew it. I was selfish and wore it proudly. I'd never share anything of mine. Not a look, not a touch, hell not even a breath. She was mine, and mine alone. Just the thought of someone else trying to touch her caused a deep anger to settle within me and my wolf.

I walked over and quietly crouched beside her head and gingerly stroked her hair as she slept. She sighed in her sleep and leaned into my touch. I bit my lip as I smiled at her. Even in her sleep I affected her. It made me feel special that even in her unconscious state, she could still feel the mate bond and liked it.

I sighed and realized that I needed to get some work done and forced myself to leave Jasabelle's side and walk back to my desk. Okay, time to really get some work done.

Half an hour later, I had finally made a dent in some work when I felt a presence next to me. I looked up, pushing my glasses further up the bridge of my nose as they had fallen down. I was engrossed in my work that I hadn't noticed Jasabelle wake up.

"Hey baby girl, what's wrong?" I asked concerned as she rubbed her eye sleepily.

She grumbled something incoherent and it nearly made me laugh. I say nearly because suddenly she crawled onto my lap and curled up against my chest and was asleep in seconds. I was in too much shock to even do anything. I soon snapped out of it and smiled down at my little mate. She was curled up into my chest so small that I could still work easily around her. Hell, I could probably work easier having her so close to me.

So for the next two hours I worked with Jasabelle on my lap. I had returned numerous emails, signed a hell of a lot of documents and notarized way too many documents for my liking. I was finally done and Jasabelle was still sound asleep in my lap. She hadn't moved a muscle in the two hours that she had crawled into my lap.

I was lost in thought when I felt her wake up. She looked up at me confused and suddenly shot up from my lap terrified.

"I-I am so s-s-sorry Alpha. I-I-I didn't mean to get in the w-way of your work." Jasabelle bowed her head in submission. I groaned. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere.

I stood and moved in front of her. She didn't look up at me so I lifted her head so she would look in me in the eyes.

"Baby, I am your mate okay? You are allowed to crawl into my lap anytime you want. You are allowed to do anything you want to me that isn't sadistic okay?" I gave her a small smile. "Besides, I got all my work done pretty quickly with you on my lap."

She sighed. "I-I'm sorry. I'm just scared. I-I have lived my whole life scared of Alphas and other people because they liked to hurt me. I-I barely know what mates are, I can't shift, I look like the living dead. I-I-I am just so b-broken! I-I-I can't e-even form perfect s-sentences half the t-t-time." She shook as she spoke. I saw the sadness and anger in her eyes. Tears fell down her cheeks and I wiped them away as best I could with the pads of my thumbs.