Mercy

Jasabelle

My mouth hung open. She did what?!

The council held the highest ranking officials from each supernatural species of the world, according to the books I read. Vampires, Werewolves, Benders and Witches each had four selected men and women on their council to make and approve laws within their respected species and for interspecies interactions.

Nyx was the leader of the werewolf council in the north.

Nyx's eyes were now completely back, letting me know Jaxon had taken over.

"What have you done you fucking moron?" Jaxon's voice had overpowered Nyx's.

Athena rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Chill out wolfie. It's not big deal. She was a little brat anyways; I did the world a favor."

Jaxon growled. "You did no such thing you imbecile! You may just cause a fucking war! I want no business with you. Take your foolishness and impulsive ass and leave my territory. I want you nowhere near me or my mate when this all comes to light."

Athena lost the confidence in her eyes as Jaxon commanded her to leave. "C'mon brother," she chuckled nervously, "Can't you do me this one favor and talk to the council and smooth things over for your baby sister."

Jaxon's pitch black eyes flashed with anger. "Nyx has let things slide with you and Ajax for much too long and helped you get away with too many things and I have sat back in the depths of his mind and watched him work through the guilt he harbors for you two in doing favors, favors that you two take for granted. You both may not have spoken or seen him in many years but do not pretend to not know where and how you receive the help you do. And all those horrid letters asking him for money? He reads them and sends checks to whatever new address is given. He will help you no more, and especially with the murder of an alpha's child."

Athena looked close to tears while I stood in shock staring at Jaxon. Nyx has been sending his siblings money and helping them all these years? I thought he hated them.

Seems that our mate has a soft spot for family, Artemis pondered.

It would seem that way, I responded softly.

I wrapped my arms around my mate's torso in an attempt to calm him down.

"Please Nyx! You can't just leave me hanging! Where will I go? They know I did it!"

Jaxon chuckled humorlessly at her plea. "That is no concern of your brother's, you are to fend for yourself and receive the rightful punishment for your crimes."

Athena suddenly shot up, a murderous look in her eyes. "I can't believe you'd let them slaughter me! Your own sister."

"You are no sister of mine," Jaxon spat, "You will suffer the consequences for your actions one way or another and no amount of your black magic will save you."

"You dogs have always disgusted me. I'm glad that little bitch is dead, and you just wait, cause I'll get you and your little mate too."

Jaxon's growl shook the house it seemed. "If you try to harm my mate, I will make sure your head is mounted on my wall. Do not test me, because it will not be your brother who is in control if you cross my mate, it will be me."

Jaxon stepped closer to her, causing Athena to take a step back. "Now I will show you mercy this one-time witch, leave my pack lands within the next 20 minutes, and I will spare your life."

Athena narrowed her eyes, and then spit in Jaxon's face. "I will be back mutt," she then turned her attention on me, "and you too bitch, there's more to you than meets the eye, I can feel it." She seethed before disappearing into thin air.

More to me? What did she mean?

---------------------

644 WORDS, SHORT BUT SWEET

Hey there bunnies! This one is short, but it's kinda like a part two to the last chapter! I hope you all enjoy this chapter and check out my newest story: Back to Basics: A King and A Queen :D. I'll see you guys soon! 

as always,

peace,

love,

& baby ducks<3