Love

Jasabelle

I could feel my mate's eyes on me as I looked away. I sighed knowing he would ask sooner or later about my family, especially considering how I didn't even have a last name.

"According to Alpha Harvey I was found alone and near death on his pack's territory line. No sign of how I got there, no note, no scent of my parents or whoever left me behind on the territory. The only thing that I had was the blanket I was wrapped in with my name embroidered on it and my stuffed bunny. I was inducted to the pack with no last name and was declared an omega because of my size." I paused and turned to Nyx before continuing. "There was never information found about my parents. They left me with that horrible man and never looked back. And honestly, I don't think I will ever want to know anything about them."

I felt myself getting emotional and I decided to leave the conversation there. I was not about to cry over two people who obviously cared nothing about me. Over the years I had spent too many nights crying, wishing for them to come back for me and save me from the miserable life I lived. I had spent too much time cursing their every being for allowing me to suffer at the hands of that pack and goddess knows I spent too many days wondering who they could be and what they could have looked like.

Did I have my mother or father's eyes?

Did I have my mother or father's hair?

Did my mother snort when she laughed to hard? Or did my father?

I shook my head, clearing it and focusing back on Nyx who was looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I am sorry baby girl. I wish you could have grown up with a family that was there for you, away from those terrible people." Nyx said softly, caressing the side of my face.

I smiled sadly at him. "I do too. I just...I just always wanted to know why they left me there you know? Vulnerable to anything and anyone who came by."

Nyx pulled me close to him and hugged me fiercely. "You never have to worry about them ever again Jasabelle. You have me and this pack to stand by your side as your family and your protectors."

I molded my small body into his and hugged him back as tight as my strength would allow me.

"Thank you Nyx, you have no idea the impact you have made in my life these last few months." I whispered softly to him.

He has given us more than we could have ever needed. Artemis spoke softly to me.

Yes, he has. More than I could have ever wanted. I responded to her.

He and Jaxon love us very much. They have vowed to love us through every hardship we face.

And we will stand by them.

Yes, we will. Artemis agreed with me

I pulled back to look into those green eyes that I adore so much. "I love you Nyx."

A grin spread across his face, lighting up the entire room. "I love you more than you will ever know Jasabelle."

He leaned forward and gave me a slow kiss. Nothing crazy but I could feel the passion and the love he felt for me through it. We pulled away and I ran a hand down the side of his face, just to feel his skin under my palm. Nyx leaned into my touch, sighing at the contact.

"C'mon baby girl. We've had a long day. Let's go find something to eat." Nyx said standing to his full height holding my hand.

He led me down to the kitchen. We began to cook together after deciding to make a simple chicken parmesan.

We were in the middle of laughing when Nyx's phone rang. We both looked at it confused as his phone usually never rings while he is home with me.

"Alpha Romero." Nyx answered, his voice hard suddenly.

I could see Nyx's eyes go black and I was immediately at his side rubbing my hand up and down his back trying to keep him calm.

"Yes I know who she is...Yes I know the severity of this...I know what is to happen...No this is a long time coming. Your courtesy is much appreciated." Nyx hung up the phone and looked at me.

"They had a group of witches catch Athena. The council will be holding a meeting tomorrow night to decide her punishment... that was the head alpha of the South giving me a heads up before I go in tomorrow." Nyx's voice as he spoke was monotone and held no emotion.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly grabbing his hand.

Nyx took a deep breath before answering me. "I know it has to be done, she has gotten away with too many things and it is time she learned her lesson. For good this time."

I nodded and said nothing, because there was nothing I could really say.

-----------------------------------

847 WORDS. HEY NOW HEY NOW! I'M GETTING BACK AT IT. 

Hey bunnies! Here's another chapter! I'm going to try an update as much as I can before I go off on vacation this August! Because after that I have a week and a half before school starts up again, and I will be slowing down on the updates. 

But I will try to get out as much of this story as possible for all of you! Anyways guys, that's really it for this author's note! 

As always,

Peace,

Love,

& Baby Ducks<3