Athea

Jasabelle

I missed him. I really did. I had gotten so used to having him around me all the time that I forgot that he had an actual job to do. He was an alpha, with alpha responsibilities.

I sighed as I laid on our bed. I had been laying here for almost two hours doing nothing but exploring the internet. I had stayed away from the porn websites this time and decided to look up normal things like where I was, the towns close to us and I even looked up school stuff. I knew that there was no way I could go back to regular school; I hadn't been enrolled anywhere since I was nine. But I wanted to order some school books so that I could learn things. I wanted to learn math and science and I wanted to improve my speech. I wanted to learn about the world. There were so many countries I wanted to know about!

I mean who knew there were so many beautiful places like Italy, Spain, Greece and India? I wanted to know about them all, but after spending nearly three hours locked up in my room reading about them my head started to hurt and I was growing hungry. So I decided to go downstairs and make myself some lunch.

I was slowly being able to eat more. I mean I got through three pancakes this morning! I could see Nyx was happy that I was eating more.

I padded down stairs wearing Nyx's tank top and a pair of work out shorts that I had found. Everything was still really big on me but I had nothing else until my clothes arrived tomorrow.

I had just finished cutting up some mangoes, strawberries and peaches when I heard the door open. I rushed over thinking it was Nyx, home early from his meeting.

My smile was quickly wiped away when I saw a woman standing at the door. She was dressed in a black sun dress, black heels and a black sun hat. I could see that she was beautiful with raven black hair and beautiful green eyes. But why was she in Nyx's home?

"Who are you?" she spoke to me, a tone of distaste seeping into the question.

"I am Jasabelle." I replied in my small voice. I sounded weak when I knew that I shouldn't.

She chuckled. "Ah, you're the runt that my brother is betrothed to. X was right, you are a pretty little thing. But I am not here for you. Where is Nyx?"

This must be Athea, Nyx's half-sister. "He isn't home. He is at a meeting. I'll take a message if you'd like." I tried to be nice, but I was truly scared. Nyx did not like either of his siblings, and there had to be a reason why.

"Oh you're just precious." Athea plopped down on the couch that was in front of her. "But I think I will just wait for my brother here."

I shook my head. "I don't think that Nyx would like that very much."

"I don't care what he thinks." She snapped at me. Her friendly attitude suddenly gone.

I flinched back at her tone. "I do. He is my mate, and I don't want him to be angry with me."

Athea smirked at me. "Oh aren't you the perfect submissive. Just fighting to please."

I gulped. "I just want him to be happy."

Athea snorted. "Being his little bitch makes him happy?"

I cocked my head at the comment confused. "Bitch? Like female dog?"

Athea gave a wary look, almost cautiously. "No? Like the insult?"

I shook my head. "Listen I do not have time for this. I know Nyx does not want you here. So can you please leave? I will let him know you came by."