Chapter 35

I was glad when I heard Lexi walk in the house at six in the morning, muttering incoherent words about my faith in Jack. At least I don't have to worry about no nieces and nephews, even though It would have been funny to kick his ass a couple times.

I looked over at my bedroom door confused as Lexi came walking in looking like a zombie, I grew even more confused when she hopped under the covers next to me and snuggled right to my side.

"Not that I'm prying or anything considering how this is my room, but why are you in my bed?" I looked to my side as she looked through her eyelashes at me. 

"Well, I figured since I have to be tied to your hip twenty-four seven then I might as well fall asleep in your extremely expensive fluffy queen-sized mattress." She yawned and turned over. I was about to fall back asleep when she suddenly got up and opened the curtains to the windows, Like a vampire I rolled off the bed away from the sun. 

"Oomph! Ugh! Why did you do that?" I complained as I shielded my face from the brightness of my black and white room. 

"It's too dark in here." She complained as she pulled the blankets to herself that were wrapped around me. 

"That is the general idea when people want to sleep." I groaned, she was so getting her payback and I was losing precious sleep. I reluctantly got off the floor and did the unthinkable. "Keep an ear out for Hannah, I'm getting some sleep." I mumbled.

"Mmm" I barely heard Lexi murmur back.

Darius's P.O.V

I'm sitting in my office going through pack work when I heard muffeled voices from the other side of the door. Curious, I put my ear to my door. 

"I returned her in time for breakfast! I know I did!" I heard Jack and I could almost picture him raising his hands in surrender. Then, I heard the most angelic voice of my mate.

"Yeah, I realize that numbskull! I'm tired so hush, I feel like I have a damn hangover. Now, where is Darius? How do you people get up so early?" I heard her complain, even when she does it gets me happy.

Before I knew it my office door was being swung open and I almost stumbled into whoever was on the otherside. "Hi-" I didn't get to finish before I was being pulled into the hall by my shirt collar, 

"I'm tired and Lexi was taking revenge on me and kicked me out of my bed for making her come home so early." Jack snickered at that and gave me a 'you're so screwed' look. "Therefore, I'm going to sleep in your room. I've heard that when you sleep next to your mate you get one of the best sleeps of your life." she explained while pulling me in the direction of my room.

At first I wondered how she knew where my room was and then I remembered all the times she probably had to avoid it or chose to anyway. I frowned at the thought.

My door was pushed open but she let go of my shirt and pounced onto my bed while getting under the covers, I watched her and smiled as she took in my scent. I laughed at her reaction as she snuggled into the blankets more. "Stop staring at me and come here." She complained but had a smile on her face the whole time.

"Yes love." I smirked using my nickname for her as she wrinkled her nose. I climbed into bed next to her feeling the shocks and hearing her gasp as she felt them too. I pulled myself under the covers and moved her by her waist closer to me. 

Soon enough I felt sleepy and heard her peaceful breathing that told me she was sleeping as well. I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"I wish we were like this all the time." I whispered to myself and I drifted off the sleep myself.

I was running through the forest just trying to get away, far away. I was looking for something. no! someone. my mate. Where is she? I looked around. Green. Forest. No mate. Where is she? I was scared, why am I scared? I'm an Alpha! I never get scared. 

"We will kill her, and everyone you love." A deep voiced taunted from somewhere behind me.

"Darius! Help me! Darius Please! I'm scared! I-" oh no, Jamie! Please be okay. I prayed as I saw something in the distance. Dark hair.. Brown. Mate.

I skidded to a stop and stared. Or more so, that's what she was doing. I felt my heart break as I stared down at a paled figure with features etched in fear and shock just staring up at the night sky. Jamie..

Dead.

I gasped as I sat up and looked quickly down, rolled on her side was Jamie. I listened for a heartbeat and breathing and exhaled. Good, she is fine. I climbed out of bed just barely registering her whimper; I flicked on the light to my bathroom and decided to hop in the shower before she woke up. I stripped and looked down at my watch which read 10:43. Wow, I slept in late. I took off my watch and let the steaming water engulf me. 

I hopped out of the shower and wrapped my bottom half in a towel and opened the bathroom door and blushed when I saw my mate sitting up in bed and lustfully staring at my six pack. "Like what you see?" I teased her as I pointed to myself. 

"Take off the towel and I'll like it more." She winked and I knew we were playing our little game like we did in the dining room. 

"Maybe I will." I laughed trying to control my hormones that wanted her badly right now.

"Aww, and here I was thinking I can take it off for you." She winked and blew me a kiss.

This is going to be hard to resist..