Chapter 42

-Darius's POV-

I barged in when I heard Jamie faint, "What the fu-" 

"Fudge nuggets!" I heard a little voice yell behind me and smiled, Hannah. 

"Hannah, honey; now is not a good time." Lexi walked passed me to a giggling Hannah, that kid amazes me. I kneeled down to Jamie's wolf who was staying still in a state of shock.

"Hey babe, how are you?" I asked her softly, peting her beautiful fur. She lifted her head onto my lap and then she glared at me.

"What do you mean? I didn't know that you would turn into a wolf during pregnancy." Jack was talking to Lexi in the corner of the room. 

"Of course you can," (Slap) Lexi mumbled, "It's just very rare."

"Oh just perfect. so, now we have an angry mama-wolf, twin mutant ninja turtles and me - since Jamie doesn't particularly like me...am I gonna be lunch?" Jack said, honestly scared.

"No, I promise you won't be lunch, and they aren't mutant ninja turtles! They are going to be wolf pups like us when we were first born." Lexi shook her head and looked over at me.

I gently got up and laid Jamie's head on the plush carpeting. I dusted off my pants and took a deep breath, I walked over to where they were standing in the corner.

"I can hear you, ya know. I don't get why you are staying so far away." I shrugged.

"It's not you that we don't want to hear us." Jack said with wide eyes and looked over my shoulder at Jamie's wolf on the ground, who at that precise moment decided to growl.

"Eeep!" Jack yelped and turned around to face Lexi with his back to Jamie, "I told you! she wants me for lunch." Lexi and I chuckled.

"Anyways, like I was saying before being so rudely interupted-" Lexi gave Jack a pointed look "-It's not common for a werewolf to go into this, state, during pregnancy."

"Umm, I read somewhere in the werewolf chronicles as apart of our training -not my favorite chapter by the way- that, uh, sometimes when a werewolf goes through trauma or heart break they shift during pregnancy in order to more safely protect the pup." Jack says confidently.

"You read?" Lexi asked, 

"Hey! it's not that surprising." Jack crossed his arms and fake pouted.

"Yeah, it is." Lexi and I answered at the same time.

"Woah now, guys, chill. No ganging up on the Beta, I have serious ninja moves." Jack raised his hands in mock surrender.

"So, you're saying that because I re- you know, to Jamie, I caused this? Is she going to be okay? Did you read if there were any side effects or bad outcomes? It doesn't effect her health, right? right?." I was hyperventilating, I mean come on, this is my mate

"Stop, just stop. There shouldn't be side effects, not any that I know of anyway, besides she's not snapping at you; its Jack that she wants to eat for lunch." Lexi gripped my shoulders and shook me slightly.

"Ah, hell no!" Jack said as he slowly backed away to the entrance of the hall.

(3 Months Later)

"I need pillows, blankets... stuffed-anything!" Lexi has been running around the house like a chicken with her head cut off, Jamie has been keeping to my side this whole time. For a couple of weeks she was having an inner battle with herself -literally- deciding on whether or not to get close to me.Luckily, a month ago my Jamie, and not crazy pregnant wolf Jamie won out. 

"So, Lexi has been going crazy lately, is she the same at home?" I teased, I raised my eyebrows in a suggestive way.

"No, she's crazy, just not the crazy I need on lonely nights. She hasn't been herself lately, she's been.. well, loopey. I think she is taking this 'Aunt' thing to a whole new level of coco." Jack yawned and rubbed his tired eyes. I looked down at Jamie who decided to lay across me like a lap dog so I could pet her fur.

"Hey sis." Jack smiled and petted Jamie's fur cautuiously, I almost burst out laughing when I remembered weeks Jamie ignored everyone, excluding Lexi.

(Flashback)

I was sitting at the dining room table doing Jamie's paperwork for her, everything involving being the caretaker, babysitter, and mother of the pack; she had notes. I really need to build her an office when she comes near me again, if she ever does.

"Lexi, control your prego-crazy wolf best friend!" I heard Jack yell all of a sudden, I actually flinched. I rarely flinch, unless Jamie was yelling at me. Then again, Jamie has been snapping at everyone latelty.

"She's just emotional, okay! She's having a hard time with this pregnancy, aren't you hun?" Lexi finished off in a baby voice, I laughed when I heard Jamie growl at her "Sorry."

"Okay, honestly? pregnant or not, she hates me!" I heard banging around and a scrape. I groaned and slammed my head on the table, I layed the pen down and walked over to the hall entrance and pushed the double doors open, I rushed down the hall and almost rolled over laughing. It was seriously the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Jack was balancing on a chair holding a broom in a fighting stance, Lexi was holding Jamie back by the scruff on her neck (she was struggling I might add) and Jamie was edging herself closer and closer to Jack.

"Jamie-" I said, and everything stopped. Jamie ripped from Lexi's arms and whimpered at me before dashing off in the direction of the basement where she has been holed up for a month. 

"You ridiculously stupid idiot!" (slap)

"Ow!" Jack yelped.

"What did you do that for? you made her run away! Ugh! Jamie wait." Lexi wheeled around and brushed past me running after Jamie.

"No offense, but your mate? I hope she never gets pregnant again, because I don't like being a chew toy." Jack stood next to me and followed my gaze in the direction Jamie went.

(End of Flashback)

I looked over at Jack and narrowed my eyes.

"I still hate you for that day." I joked.

"Wait, I've had alot of days when you wanted to throw me in a well and never look back. Which day are we talking about?" 

Jamie chuckled in her weird wolf-way. 

I know, I know. I updated! Woohoo! It's a bitter sweet thing, soon enough this story will end but guess what? *drum roll* there will be a SEQUEL i've got it all planned out in my brain :) Hope you liked it, enjoy!