Chapter 37: The Wedding (Part 2)

>>Picture of Gabs wedding dress on the side, and the song is 'Then' by Brad Paisley; it reminds me of Gabrielle and Spike, also it's the song that plays when they walk down the aisle.

(Wedding Ceremony)

Jamie's POV

"Just breathe." I said as I breathed with her, once again she took this as the time to hyperventilate.

"Okay, but what if he isn't there? what if he ran off?! what if rogues ran off?! who would protect the children?! I-" she started worrying but I grabbed her by her shoulders.

"Okay three things: one, of course he is there! he loves you numbnuts. two, if rogues attack ill kick their ass and three..i'll still kick rogue ass. Don't worry! when you see Spike at the end of that aisle you will have a billion butterflies like the amount of doves Lexi will release at the end, don't tell her I told you that." I said as I let go of her shoulder and she just sheepishly looks at me and apologizes for her outburst; Then I get a voice in my head saying the music is about to play.

"May I have this walk?" I ask jokingly and Gabs laughs as she interlocks her hand on my arm. We were just at the end of the hall so we had time before we came into view of the crowd.

"I wish I could've seen the ceremony, I bet Hannah made a great flowergirl; it was Spike's choice you know. Not that I minded, Hannah sure is an amazing girl." she looked up at me and smiled then looked down at her feet.

"I always thought she was evil.." I said and laughed, even though I was partially honest. "And just so you know, Lexi is videotaping it all; somehow she got a hollywood producer to film it. That girl has connections that even I don't know about." I said, Gabs just looked at me shocked and then she slowly smiled.

We get to the top of the stairs as everybody stands to acknowledge the bride, some were shocked that I was there leading her since traditionally a man would be in my place but everybody knew we had no family so they would deal with it.

I looked over everybody at the alter, and my eyes lingered on Darius who winked at me. I looked between Spike and Gabs as they never took their eye off one another, then Gabs shyly looked at her gown; Spike nodded at me to continue down the stairs as the music started.

'Then' by Brad Paisley was the song of choice and I thought it fit them really well, the song was about two people going through life and their love growing in the process; so I guess you could say it fit them nicely.

Finally we reached the alter and I gave Spike a look that said: hurt my sister and Alpha or not I'll kick your ass. I sware I heard him gulp and then his attention turned to Gabs her gave me an appreciative look.

When the priest asked who gave Gabs to Spike, Jack and I said that we did (thankfully the priest was a werewolf so he understood). 

Then came the vows, after the priest said all this stuff that I blocked out.

"I, Spike Johansson, take you, Gabrielle Crystal, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity." Spike finished with his vows and then it was Gab's turn.

I could feel myself tearing up and I glanced over at the crowd where all the grannys and moms had tissues like Lexi did right now.

"I Gabrielle Crystal, take you Spike Saren to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live."

I smiled as they both laughed nervously and playfully, everyone else laughed as well; even Darius. I looked over at him then and his eye caught mine. Me, who never blushes, blushed.

Damn him. I turned my attention back to the ceremony.

"I know pronounce you husband and wife, Luna and Alpha, you may kiss the bride." The priest bowed his head and so did everyone else except for Darius and I who just smiled.

Then, of course, they kissed. It was like those movies when it was the perfect kiss and I knew I was smiling constantly; In the distance you could hear 'ewww' coming from the little kids, I looked over at facepalmed myself when I noticed Hannah was one of them, the leader. It was even more scary when Lexi turned her death look on her and Hannah sunk down in her seat and told them all to shush.

Spike and Gabs didn't notice though, they were to busy smiling and staring at eachother; allright, looks like I got another brother..wonderful. At least I don't feel like killing this one..most of the time anyway.

Spike and Gabrielle then took hands and ran out of the church to Spike's '67 Chevy Impala that had 'just married' in white paint on the back and streamers. Gabrielle didn't even bother throwing the flowers she just handed them to me as she ran out of the church.

I leaned against the doorway to the church at the top of the outside steps as Spike and Gabs got in the car waving while everyone was going crazy. Gabs waved lasted longer on me and I put a hand up and gave a single wave before letting it fall to my side. Lexi pushed through everyone and popped the trunk and put a suticase in the back at the last minute, then closed it and scurried out of the way of the hollywood producer as he was taking photos. Then they were gone in a sea of smoke and rubber as the tires squealed and Spike took off.

"Have fun?" I asked as I pointed at her with the flowers.

"Aw shut the hell up and give me the damn flowers you don't deserve them, here have the clipboard!" she said as she snapped the flowers out of my hand and shoved the clipboard at me.

"Okay, Alright. I'll put it as rememberance for all the fun you had." I laughed at her death glare.

"Remind me to never do this shit again?" she asked and we both laughed.

"Agreed." was the last thing I said before dragging her back inside the church.

Eh, maybe this pack thing isn't so bad afterall; I thought as I saw members of both packs bow their heads at me in respect.

So that was part two! What did you guys think? I started tearing up at the vows lol; I so would have been one of the people in the audience with a tissue. :D