Chapter 6

"She'll be fine, The doc did everything she could and she'll be fine." Darius kept on reasuring me the whole time I was waiting for Lexi to wake up.

She's been out for five days now, the doc said that even though it didn't look like much the rogue -meaning Jax- hit a major organ, her lung.

"Yea, you've said that to me already. alot." I looked up at him lifting my head out of my hands.

"I know, I just don't wanna see you worried that's all" I wanted to laugh at that, yea okay.

"Yea, whatever, why don't you run off to Gabrielle or something." He growled threateningly, g0d, Alphas and their 'no disrespection' policy. 

"Look" He pointed at me obviously angry, I sat back in the chair folding my hands in my lap with an amused look on my face. " I know I rejected you.. But-" I held up my hand to stop him. Being here was starting to give me major headaches. 

"Yes, you did reject me. For my sister no less, now if you'll excuse me I need to be here when Lexi wakes up so would you kindly take your tempermental Alpha as$ out of the room! Thanks." He glared at me and I stiffened waiting for an attack of some sort but he just threw his hands up to his hair and stormed out like a little five year-old.

"Well, that was interesting.." Lexi murmered.

"Yea, It- Oh my g0d! Lexi?" I wrapped my arms around her. "You're awake!" 

"Can't...breathe.." she said between breaths, I just rolled my eyes

"Deal with it! I thought I lost you!" I let go of her only to slap her on the back of her head

"Ow! Hey! I'm still in a hospital bed here!" 

"Good, so maybe when my slap across your head goes to your brain I won't have to worry about carrying you! What the h3ll on g0d's green earth were you thinking!" she gave me an amused look

"You do realise you just said h3ll and g0d in the same sentence?" She was trying to muffle a laugh but it escaped and she went histerical and I lost my train of thought as to why I was mad and started laughing too. 

After our laughing fit stopped the door swung open and the doc told me I had to leave so she can do some last minute tests to make sure Lexi doesn't lose herself again.

I was pacing the hall when Lexi came out with a fustrated doctor, 

"Mam, you really need to lay back down-"

"Mam? Do I look that old?" she turned to me wide eyed and I returned the look "How long was I out?!?!" I shook my head and the doctor just narrowed her eyes.

"I'll take it from here doc, I'll make sure she is on bed rest, but in our house. Not here." the doc just nodded looking defeated and walked off.

"Come on Honey bee, let's get back to the house" I said taking her elbow and leading her out the back door where the pack was having their training session. I looked over and saw Darius looking at me I quickly looked away, and saw Lexi's eyes grow wide like a bear who hasn't seen the sun after a months worth of hybernation.

"Land!" she flace planted herself on the grass and muffeled something into the ground like 'Oh how much I missed you!' I just shook my head as she got up to stand next to me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and since I was on high alert I grabbed it flipping the poor victim over my shoulder.

It just so happened that the victim was Darius as he laid there just looking around kinda confused as to how he got on the floor I just put my hand to my mouth and so did Lexi to muffel my laugh, as he got up we lowered our hands and just stood there smiling like the cat from Alice in Wonderland.

"How did you-neveremind, I was coming to ask if you would help train our- my, pack? Since you know about rogues and all" I looked at Lexi and she just shrugged walking over and sitting next to a bunch of old ladies having lemonade.

"Oh you mean since I am one?" I said crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow, Maybe, I can help train them. Who knows? I might not be the only one who has to protect Lexi in life and death situations now.

"Uh- Yeah, I guess, I-I I mean no! you're just a good fighter, and-" he was rubbing the back of his neck looking at the ground trying to find the right words to say, how adorable! NO! NO! Nor adorable! It's f*cking annoying.

"Alright, I'll help" I said walking past him "Oh! Nice cover up by the way" I rolled my eyes while he just smirked.

We worked on the field for a good three hours till about five o'clock dinner time, Some people made comments about not wanting to work with me cause I was a rogue, that is until I put them in their place. Which was a lower ranking then me.

Lexi wanted to join the pack for dinner because she made friends with the old ladies so I reluctantly agreed, The tension eased up a bit after about ten minutes because Lexi kept on humming and bringing up random topic to which the old ladies were laughing at and so were everybody else, I sat    to the left of Darius in the second seat across from Jack and Trish. 

You could see Lexi and I's house from the dining room table and when it turned back to silence I looked over at Lexi who was eyeing the plants in front of the house. The plants? THE PLANTS! I forgot to water-

"JAMIE!" oh she's mad. The pack looked at me with an amused look and muffeled back a laugh and so did Darius. 

"Lexi- Okay, you were out so I didn't have time to-" she glared at me narrowing her eyes.

"Molch." she said to me

"What?"

"Go. get. Molch!" ohh mulch.. "NOW!" she threw her napkin at me and I put my hands up in a surrendering motion. 

"Chill! I'm going! thanks Ben for the meal I gotta go!" I pointed behind me just as Lexi was about to throw a fork at me I ran out of the house and hopped into my Lamborghini. I have to go get mulch..