"Best friends...for now" (Liam Payne)

It’s Liam’s birthday and you and the boys decided to throw him a huge party at Harry’s flat. You’re really close with all of the boys, but you’ve always been closest to Liam. You’ve always secretly had a crush on him, but never had the guts to admit it. You arrived at the party a little bit late because traffic was awful. As you walked in you saw how crowded the flat was and you could barley even move. You wanted to find Liam, but it seemed absolutely impossible. You were kind of just standing to the side by yourself and you felt really out of place and uncomfortable. The music was really loud, people were smoking, and there was a drunk guy that kept hitting on you and trying to get you to dance. You decided to find a quiet place to sit and get away from the chaos. You found an empty room, sat on the couch and had nothing else to do, but playing around on your phone. About thirty minutes went by and you heard a sudden knock on the door.

“Come in!”

The door slowly opens and revealed Liam standing in the doorway. He walks over and sits next to you on the couch.

“Why are you in here all by yourself, (Y/N)?” Liam asked with a concerned look on his face.

“I’m just not in the party mood and it’s way too much for me to handle out there.”

Liam seemed to understand but showed no signs of getting up and returning to the party. You both sat in silence for a couple minutes. You looked up at him to find his gaze already on you. You couldn’t help but get lost in his gorgeous brown eyes. As you both stared at each other, you suddenly felt your face moving closer to his and his head was moving towards yours. Am I really about to kiss my best friend? Just as your lips are about to touch there’s a knock on the door and in walks a beautiful brunette girl with baby blue eyes. She walked over to Liam, sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Come back to the party and dance with me, Liam!”

Crap! You felt like you couldn’t even compare to this girl and figured Liam would leave you and go back to the party.

“No thanks, I’m going to hang out with my girl, (Y/N).”

His girl? You couldn’t help, but get excited on the inside. You didn’t think too much about it though. I mean c'mon! Liam never thought of you as anything other than a friend. The brunette looked shocked. It’s like she’d never been rejected before. She got off of Liam’s lap and headed for the door. Just as she was about to walk out she gave you a look of disgust. You just rolled your eyes and didn’t think much on it.

“You could’ve gone with her, Liam. I would’ve been fine by myself.” you lied to him.

“There’s no other person that I want to spend my birthday with than you.”

This made you smile really big and you felt butterflies all in your stomach. You two sat in the room and just talked for hours and hours. The party had been long over and it was almost daylight outside. You started to get tired and yawned. Liam was laying on the couch and noticed. He patted his chest for you to put your head on it and lie down. You didn’t think twice about it and did so. You started to fall asleep to the sound of Liam’s steady breathing, but right before you could fall asleep vibrations from Liam’s chest woke you up.

“(Y/N)? Are you still awake?” Liam said.

You were really tired and only nodded your head.

“(Y/N), I just wanted to say thank you for an amazing birthday. I wouldn’t have wanted to spend it any other way. You’ve made it absolutely incredible.”

This made you look up at him. Before you could say anything his lips were on yours. His kiss was gentle but dripped with passion. You felt him smile into the kiss which made you do the same. Your lips parted and with out even thinking you said, “I love you, Liam.” Oh my god! Did I just say that? Liam just stared at you without saying a word, which only made you more nervous. A smile began to appear on his face and he leaned in for another kiss. This time a little harder than the first.

“I love you too, (Y/N).” he said into the kiss.

After your lips parted Liam said, “I’ve wanted to say that for a long time.”

Liam gave you a kiss on the forehead and you laid your head back down on his chest and fell asleep to the sound of his heart beat. You felt like the happiest girl in the world. Liam was all yours and you were all his.