Checking In

[Saul]

I woke to the morning light of the sun peeking through my curtains. A warm feeling on my chest brought a smile to my face; Another mate-less member of the pack willing to sleep with me after a pack meeting or event. I chuckled at the thought of it, and at how easy they all are. Even my brother's mate wanted a go before she'd reveal herself to him.

I happily obliged and proceeded after a few drinks of Moon River. That stuff goes directly to the head after a few shots, and half of the bottle was all it took for her to pounce on my lap and start grinding on me.

It was a night to remember, but last night like many before her were just another fling. I don't even know her name, only mine since she was yelling, begging me for more. Now I just look at the dark blonde with a smirk as she lay on my chest sound asleep, snoring lightly. It was cute for her, but that didn't mean she got a pass to stay in my house. She had to go, that's why I started shaking her gently.

"Hey there. WAKE UP!" I demanded, she didn't budge to my dismay. I tapped her forehead until she started wiping my hand away.

"Hmm.... What is it?"

"It's morning and you need to be off. There's a pack meeting later on."

She sighed. "Can't I just stay here and accompany you there?"

"Why? So it'll seem like you're my mate when you're clearly not? My wolf doesn't say so."

She just looked at me with her jaws dropped. It was funny, but true. "Go. Now. I have to shower and get dressed." I demanded, sending her own her way mumbling only Goddess know what. I walked into my bathroom bare naked and went straight for the tub. Turning the water on, I waited until it was just right and began bathing. Cleaning myself of last night's rendezvous, I sighed at how satisfied I was when the smell of pine hit me.

Once the steam permeated the smell in the bathroom, I wrapped the towel around me and went to gussy up. I brushed my teeth, let my hair air-dry before combing it, and then went back into my room to get dressed. A simple combination of brown, dark blue, black, and grey seemed alright since its winter and there are fallen leaves from Fall still. I put on my all black under clothes ensemble, my black sweater, brown coat, denim jeans, and my grey boots.

I sure felt good after checking myself out one last time before I left to meet up at the pack's tavern. Counsel member Tali, my aunt, owns it and has been running it ever since her husband died. Built it as their home, then she turned it into a tavern after my uncle died. It's just another piece of him that she has, and for that I can let her be. I'm the alpha, so of course I'll let her keep her it.

The rich aroma of alcohol, strong wine, and her special soup entered my nostrils as I casually strolled down the path and into the village. I came to a stop and greeted everyone outside, then put one foot through the door and was praised with greetings from the other pack members. Mothers and their young were in the lunchroom chatting amongst themselves, their older children were going in and out of the little theatre downstairs to get snacks, and the fellow men of the pack were in a stronghold in the bar.

I smiled and waved at everyone before they all went back to their business, then I pep walked into the bar to set hey to the guys. "HOWLING COVE PACK!"

"AYE!" They cheered as they raised their glass. I high-fived them all as I made my way to my rightful seat across from the bar. The bartender sat my favorite drink down as soon as I took my coat off and told me it's on the house. It doesn't have to be because I'm the alpha, I'll gladly pay. It's a good image to show young members that leaders take full responsibility for everything they do, so I handed him a fifty and told him to get me two more.