Getting Along

(A/N: Picture of Cade, Saul's brother.)

[Nolan]

I don't know how I did it, but my constant begging for peace paid off. Both adult wolves were casually sitting at my sides while the pup sat in my Indian-style lap. We just sat here for the whole morning talking about life and we're now enjoying the last hour of the morning. I checked my phone for the time and saw 11:25 right on the dot, I need to get Jude's gift. Without telling them, I got up and put the pup down, patted myself of any snow on me, and told them I had to leave.

Not even two seconds and I had the pup hooked on my leg again, the two adults groaning.

"It's been lovely talking to you guys, and girl, but I have a brother who's the only person I consider family. I have to get his Christmas gift and get ready for a family dinner on Christmas Eve, so I'll probably see you afterwards. Now I have to leave since my helpful companion has left me. If you see a very handsome with light brown hair and a jawline that kills, bark and howl every curse word in the book, please? I've waited more than long enough for him and am now taking my leave. Later!" I turned on my heel and started jogging back up the road.

I ignored the paws trudging behind me and pressed forward. I didn't have any time to negotiate a hangout deal with them, I had a brother to care for. As soon as Mrs. Tali's inn came to view, the black wolf suddenly blocked it.

Lord, give me strength!

"I'm not one for animal cruelty, but not getting a Scooby snack will be the least of your worries if you don't get out of my way." He seemed a bit fazed by that smart comment, with his low growling, but I simply swung around him and kept focus. It wasn't long before I was actually setting foot into town, a smile stretching from ear to ear at the small busy traffic. I looked back and saw all three wolves sitting with tilted heads, the pup raising and lowering hers.

My too good of a heart got the best of me and pushed me to go pet her. Rustling her head, I kissed her nose and petted the others, then made my leave.

"I'll be back! I'll try! If not, then just wait for me behind the town's inn!"

-At Tali's inn-

"So you mean to tell that throughout your encounter with three wolves, Saul was gone?"

"As soon as I got back on the main dirt road, he was gone. And when I called for him in the little open area, he still didn't show. After that, the same pup showed up, but with a different wolf. This one held some calm aura about him, really trance like."

"Wow. When I see that boy, I'm giving him the read of his life!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh? You're in the house of Shade?"

"I was the Golden Girl that they couldn't handle on television." Tali whipped her hair, letting it fall gracefully on her left shoulder.

"Oh, Lord. A legend, folks! Well, do go a little easy on him, I don't want too many shots fired about my safety."

"Are you telling a queen what to do? If I want to read him a new asshole, I very well will do so. I'm a ten, I don't need advice from a five. Off you go, as ordered by the queen." This lady was slaying for the gids, but I knew how to outwit her.

Before I spun to the cafeteria's exit, I grinned before coming for the queen. "Well then, the queen can pay for her own meal, with her own $10, and an extra $5 for the waffles. Bye, Queen!" I couldn't help chuckling at her jaw dropped mouth.

But what I also couldn't help was my balance being lost and bumping into someone. I almost fell flat on my ass, but a pair of big arms already had me up right before I could even yelp. Steadying myself, I slowly looked up into the most beautiful gray-ish green eyes with a smile beneath them.

I-I..... Sor-....

"No need to be sorry, Mr. Coffey. Do I get a Scooby snack in return for helping you?" His smile was replaced with a smirk now.

........

~A/N~

And with only 7% of battery life left, I'll let my tablet charge and get back to you later.

Love y'all.