A Party to Die For, Part 2

[Nolan]

Everything was blurring in and out after the gift exchange. I remember saying quick hellos, shaking mom's and Gordie's hand, and rushing to give Jude his gifts because I didn't plan on staying any longer. But upon doing so I also remember taking two sips of some wine mom was offering. After that I..... started not feeling like myself. I was heating up on the inside, but dripping cold sweat outside.

I faintly heard mom telling me to sit down, but I felt Gordie propping me to what I thought was Jude's room. It was one of the guest rooms, but this...... already had some guests.

Then everything just went black. I remember a weight on my left side, front and back, and that I was breathing heavily. There was a yell, a shattering glass, a yelp that sounded very similar to Jude, and lastly a bunch of growling and barking. I was hot one minute before I was cold for what felt like hours. I wanted to wake up from whatever this was, but my body was utterly against my will.

I swear, after all that, I possibly heard Saul and Cade talking about what happened, both with a mix of deep concern and anger in there voices. The only sign I got of assurance was a gasp from all around when tears began flowing. Fear actually being a reliable source help me do something, I was grateful for it.

"Everything's okay, Nolan! Listen to me, everything's okay! They will never hurt you again, I swear it! Trust me, please!" that had to be Saul.

POW POW POW! POW POW POW! POW POW POW!

Who's shooting?!

There was another shatter, but this time it wasn't followed growling or barking, instead it was a mewling noise. We're the wolves in on this, too?! More tears poured as I was then lifted and taken into a warm environment, then to a soft surface if what must be a bed. There I lay motionless with a weary heart worried for my life, beating fiercely as I tried to even my breaths. However, to no avail did it work, and I was succumbing to sleep again by the minute.

-Hours Later-

I wake up to find myself in a familiar room dimly lit, the small window being the only source of what little light the moon could shine. As cold as I was I find myself warming up from something..... or someone. Then I realized I wasn't the only one here. A familiar face in the corner was barely noticeable within the dark corner. I might can't see him, but I can almost make out who he is just by his frame.

I want to speak, but my left trap muscle aches and sends me shocks of pain, causing me to fall over. So I ease up with one hand while the other rested over my locket.

Or at least where I thought it to be. The instant I felt only my bare chest was the same when my heartbeat hyped. I skimmed the area for it and didn't see a single shining of silver anywhere.

Then, to my surprise, the man held out his hand and revealed my locket, it still intact.

But that's not the only shocking surprise I've seen 'til now. Bones started cracking, snarling turned to growling, and the man turned into what I can only describe as "beast". When the now four-legged creature stepped into the light I felt my heart drop.

It's the black wolf from before, and he's holding my locket around his neck. Not only that, but I hear a very familiar, husky voice from whom I can only assume is the wolf's...... in my head.

"Do not be afraid, Nolan. It's me, Saul, your mate."

I stare at him with brimming tears, trying to speak.  When my voice did obey me it only came out in stutters. "I....... Y-y-you! S-s-...... Cade! CADE!"

I kept from the Saul's bed and tried for the door, but he— the wolf— flew above me and landed perfectly, blocking my only exit. I stammered back until u fell back onto the bed, sobbing as I tried calling for Cade. Right now I just wanted somebody— anybody— to come and save me from this thing. This MONSTER!

As I faltered from the bed and against the other side of the room the wolf crept over and sat a paw firmly on my hand. With this simple gesture my mind went blank and only showed a spitting image of Saul. He looked different, if a bit...... dominant.

His eyes never leaving mind as he spoke, "Please, calm down, Nolan. You don't have to worry now that your mate is here. I'm not the one you should be scared of. Trust me."

His face was now a few inches from mine, his nose touching mine, and he began licking my left cheek. When I calmed down a tad some he came closer and rested his head on a shoulder.

"Everything will make sense tomorrow. Please..... Just trust me, Nolan." he begged, and then a minute he howled. A howl as if he would never see me again.

He would, because he'd have the same hold on me has he does now. As I fall limp into his now human hands I can only see his face surrounded by darkness as he whispers, "Trust me."

"Trust me."

~A/N~
HAPPY EARLY MERRY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS, MOTHALOVAS! Missed me? I missed writing. I've been reading and responding to some of y'all's comments about updating, mainly this story. Y'all would've been given a heads up if I'd known how to save an edited video from windows movie maker to my phone so I can upload it to YouTube. I still have it saved, but I don't know what kind of file to save it as so I can upload it. I tried mp4 and got a black screen with just the audio a few times, and am now stuck. I also talked about some other stuff pertaining other stories I'll be updating after this one is finished before the month's over with. So keep in mind that I'm still trying to get back into the flow of an updating schedule.

Other than that, a certain you-know-who is president and he's all for the pipeline construction in North Dakota. In some future chapters I'ma just start being real with the foolery of this man and his supporters. If you're one of them, simpky stop reading my shit and block me. Don't come telling me to respect your views and his ways when I'm pretty sure y'all didn't do the same with Obama. This is your only and final warning.

So with that, love y'all. 😚

#BlackWritersMatter
#NoDAPL
#HeIsNotMyPresident