Silence is the Sound

[Cade]

I watched him for the whole evening until he awoke in the middle of the night in a sobbing mess. I wanted to console him with a half hug and some tissue, but the Council and my brother forbade it. The council had no empathy for him whatsoever and my ass of a brother felt as if I were trying to steal him for myself as revenge. Well, if I were I definitely wouldn't rush into things like he did with my mate into his bed.

Me being the one who knows true leadership, I'm pretty sure it'd be best to let him do his own thing and let HIM make the first move. And I'd completely understand if he doesn't wanna date me because of the pure thought of my Saul, no harm done at all.

But as of now he still hasn't made a single move all the while he's been awake. He's just been silent with his head on his knees and facing the brick wall. I'd probably be the same way if the guy who's my mate had me thrown in pack's prison and wait to find out if I'll be killed or not.

Yes Saul had Nolan thrown into a cell on the Council's orders with no hesitation, but he said it's the least he could do since he couldn't accept their demands to have him killed.

Bullshit! Pure and utter bullshit!

His room at Aunt Tali's would've sufficed rather than some damn cell. Hell, only Goddess knows when's the last time this whole place has been cleaned and maintained for after we had prisoners. And they threw him in here like it was nothing. I felt for him, honestly I did, but I hated even myself for not being able to help him. The only thing I can do is watch him suffer.

Dammit!

This pack has really fallen over time since Nolan came along. Not trying to say it's his fault, but him being here and surprisingly my brother's mate have really spiraled things out of control. And now the Council. You get one visit  or even a letter from them you're either expected to show up for anything, or as good as dead. Yet for him-- a human-- he shouldn't have either of those options.

HE'S A DAMN HUMAN! HE SHOULDN'T--

Hic! Hic!

His innocent sobbing brought me out of my thoughts again and to my feet.

"I-I..... I'd like some bread and water, Cade. Please." his voice hoarse, breaking.

"Sure! I-I-I'll go get that."

I scattered  up and out the prison and straight to the inn's cafeteria in search for all the bread that was in stock. I gathered as much as I could in a small basket and then went to fetch some cold, bottled water. Upon doing so I nearly dropped everything when Aunt Tali, Saul, and the elder woman of the Council appeared without acknowledgement. Saul and the Council woman giving me a concerned and warning death glare while Aunt tali was in the back with a pained expression.

"Tending to the outsider, Cade? Hope you're not planning anything with him." the woman spoke.

"I'm just delivering him food. That's the least I can do just to show how...... hospitable we can be of a.... pack." I held my ground, not wanting to give them the satisfaction of submission to their hierarchy shit.

"Well, do keep in mind that the runt is a prisoner! Nothing will change that until after the wedding ritual. Now put the other bread back and just send him one bottle of water! There's to be a pack meeting during the lunch hour at the inn's tavern! Hurry along!"

I rolled my eyes at her insults and and proceeded with all the original contents I had anyway. I didn't care for her or anybody's word, especially since they've not been of any help since the pack's supposed downfall. Of course my arm was grabbed and nearly caused me to drop the basket again, but Saul didn't get that pleasure from me.

"Only take him two!" he tried demanding. Emphasis on 'tried'.

"Oh? The supposed mate cares?! Even a little? I call bullshit! If you did, Saul, you'd have held out on messing with mine. What prompted you to even lay with Nadia anyway, Saul? Was it her pure beauty or was it your lack of self-control that lead her to your bed?!"

All three of them now looked at me all puzzled and shocked, I smirked, being happy with their reactions.

"You dare speak to your alpha that way, Cade?! You should be thrown into the prison with that boy! Exiled!" the hag dreaded.

"But didn't you guys say before that he was lacking that of an alpha? Yet I the big brother was given the position of a beta, while our parents praised him in thoughts that he'd take on the full responsibility of an alpha. What kind of alpha do you really think Saul is?" I glared at them with extreme curiosity.

Riddle me that, Council member.

The room was now quiet, only thing being heard are our hard breaths. A few more minutes and I was calm again. I yanked my arm back and resumed back to my business to Nolan.

"Aunt Tali." I stopped before almost out the door.

"Y-yes? Yes, Cade?"

"Could you at least make Nolan your December stew? I'm sure he's gonna want more than just bread. I'll come for it after the meeting's over since I won't be attending."

She took a while to answer. "Sure! I'll even provide my special peppermint wine for him. Tell him he has my prayers to Goddess, please!"

I nodded without looking back and pressed forward.

The sooner this shit storm is over and Nolan is freed upon release I'm going rogue. I want nothing to do with this pack

Hold on for a bit longer, Nolan. Hold on for me. Just for me.

To me.

~A/N~
Hope y'all enjoyed. I'm gonna try an update this story every other day if not every day. Afterwards, I'm working solely on Cyros's (Desmond's) story. Another Black character I have in mind, and the all of May I'll work on Liao's story as an appreciation for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (APAHM). Maybe another Asian character's story as well, b/c I've been brainstorming a lot as of last year after playing some Samurai Warriors 4: Empires and Onmyoji.

The seme (top) is king, but he looks like an oni and is actually in the form of a Yakuza boss. The uke (bottom) is depressed and druggie stripper that gets drunk on his big performance night who just happens to stumble right into the oni king's den at some abandoned temple.

Then the story takes off from there. I might make it my first actual m-preg story or not. I'm still thinking of other stuff and who to make the main characters. Just know that Takumi Saito is definitely one. I love him. That's all.

#BlackWritersMatter #BlackCharactersMatter