Hold Me Now-Five

Note: This story from this point on now contains Larry. You have been warned!

Chapter Five

"Louis?" Niall's voice was unheard as he searched for his friend amongst all the other kids. The principal had just called everyone down to the gym to talk about something, and Niall had lost his friend as everyone rushed down. They were cramming against him, and tears filled his eyes. "Help!" Suddenly, arms wrapped around his waist, pulling his feet off the ground. He shouted and thrashed to get away.

"Calm down!" Liam said, placing Niall back on the ground, away from the crowd. Niall tucked his legs into his chest, wrapping his arms around them. "Are you okay?" He asked, placing his hands on Niall's shoulders. Niall shook his head, sucking in a deep breath.

"I-I'm claustrophobic," he whispered, rocking back and forth on the balls on his feet. Liam looked around, for Louis. But the boy was no where to be found in the mass of students. Liam ran a hand over his head, sighing, debating over what to do. If they bumped into Zayn on the way there, Niall would be toast. But Liam couldn't just leave him here, either.

"Come on, I'll take you there," Liam said, standing up and reaching his hand out to Niall. Niall was too afraid to protest, so he took Liam's hand and was pulled to his feet. As soon as people saw Liam, they parted. Both of the boys walked to the gym, Liam's arm protectively around Niall's shoulders. That's when Niall spotted a boy waving at him, and a smile crossed his face.

"Thank you, Liam," Niall said, giving Liam a quick hug. Liam, surprised, hugged back. Then Niall ran off to Louis, breathless when he reached his seat. "Thanks for saving me a seat."

"You're welcome," Louis said, frowning, "but why did you come down here with Liam? He's hurt you before, remember?" Niall bit his lip. He knew Louis was just trying to protect him, but he didn't want it all the time.

"He helped me, since you disappeared," Niall said, poking Louis in the ribs. Louis jerked, snatching Niall's fingers to keep him from poking him again. "I was getting scared, and he rescued me. Liam's a nice guy, he just hangs out with bad people."

Louis didn't like to think about Harry being bad, so he bit the inside of his cheek to keep from saying anything. "You be careful, okay?" He said softly, brushing his fingertips over Niall's scars. Niall didn't meet his eyes, he just nodded his head softly.

"You know I always am," Niall said, his eyes looking around the room. He spotted Liam, pulling at Harry's curls. And Zayn sat beside them, looking straight at Niall, his jaw clenched. A blush spread across Niall's face, and he looked away.

~~

"Don't touch my hair!" Harry wined, hitting at Liam's hands. Liam just giggled, which annoyed Zayn greatly. Liam had touched Niall. He had put his arms around Niall's shoulders. Zayn wasn't exactly sure why it bothered him so much, but it did. And then seeing Louis touching Niall really set him off. Zayn didn't have feelings for the Irish boy, did he? He had liked it when his lips touched Niall's skin.

"Zayn!" Liam said, giving Zayn a little push. Zayn didn't say anything as his eyes met Niall's, making him blush and look away. Niall did indeed look cute when he blushed, which was often. "Zayn, they're about to start!" Zayn's head snapped to the front to see their principal, Mr. Grep, was walking onto the stage. He picked up the microphone, tapping on it.

"Is this thing on?" He asked. Kids laughed for some reason, which made Mr. Grep smile. Zayn just rolled his eyes, glancing back at Niall. "Good afternoon, everyone," Mr. Grep started, looking at his papers, "thank you for all coming here on such short notice. But as most of you know, its time to take our end of the year field trip!"