Hold Me Now-Seven

Chapter Seven

Monday rolled around, and Niall was nervous. He was really hoping to get paired with Louis, yet Louis wanted to be with Harry. Niall thought that Liam would be okay, too. "Niall? Are you nervous?" Louis asked, his hand finding Niall's. Niall bit his lip and nodded. "It'll be fine, plane rides aren't that scary." Niall nodded. He wasn't afraid of the planes, though.

"Louis?" He asked, looking up at Louis, who was listening to music. "Can we hang out together? In Greece, even if we aren't paired up together?" Louis smiled, giving Niall a quick hug.

"Of course. I'm your best friend, aren't I? And best friends stick together, through thick and thin," Louis said, ruffling Niall's hair. Niall smiled, then turned back to the window, which was foggy from the morning. He scribbled the words thick and thin into the window, then drew a line through it. He smiled at it before it fogged over again.

The bus stopped, the doors opened, and Zayn, Harry, and Liam got onto the bus. Niall clung to Louis' arm as they walked by, afraid. Harry leaned down and pecked Louis' forehead. Zayn's eyes lingered over Niall's, his heart picking up. Niall never broke eye contact, that is, until Zayn walked towards the back of the bus. Niall let out a sigh of relief.

~~

Niall's ocean blue eyes had caught Zayn's immediately, and he couldn't tear his eyes away. His talk with Liam and Harry had concluded that Zayn did indeed have feelings for Niall, no matter how much Zayn tried to ignore them. But it couldn't be, Zayn was a bad boy, and Niall was a nerd. It would never work out.

But look at Harry, he though, despite him being with me, he still got Louis, even though Harry had beat up his best friend. Zayn shook his head. Niall would never feel the same about him, and Zayn didn't want to have these feelings. Yet, when he had brushed his lips over Niall's scars, he had felt something. Something that made Zayn want to wrap his arms around Niall and protect him from everything, including himself.

"Zayn? Hello? Anyone home?" Harry asked, waving a hand in front of Zayn's face. Zayn blinked, his eyes tearing away from Niall's blonde hair. "I asked you who you wanted to be paired with today." Zayn gave a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, mate," he said, dropping his bag to the ground, "didn't hear you. Since I'm sure you want to be paired with Louis, I'll want Liam." Liam chuckled as Harry blushed, running a hand through his curls.

"I would gladly be paired with you," Liam said, giving Zayn an awkward hug. Zayn laughed, forgetting about Niall for a few minutes. "But I can't believe we are going to Greece! That's like, totally awesome!"

"Yeah, but it's so expensive," Zayn said, elbowing Harry in the ribs, "give me some room, will ya?" Harry smiled, scooting left, his eyes never leaving Louis. Louis was teasing Niall about something, making him blush as he poked Niall in the neck. Zayn's jaw clenched, but he shook off the feeling.

What would it be like to have his lips on Niall's? If just a simple brush of his lips on Niall's skin made him felt all tingly inside, surely lips on lips would make him die with pleasure. He bit his lip, trying to get the Irish boy out of his head. But he couldn't, Niall invaded his mind all the time, and made himself at home there.

"Zayn, we're leaving," Harry said, pulling on Zayn's jacket. Zayn's head snapped up, and he grabbed his stuff, standing up. They shuffled out of the bus, heading into the already crowded gym.

~~

Louis made sure to get a corner of the gym that wasn't being used, so Niall wouldn't feel uncomfortable and start panicking. That was the last thing he needed at the moment. But people started to close in around them, and Niall began to sweat, clinging to Louis. He watched as Niall fought off tears, trying to control his breathing.