Hold Me Now-Twenty Two

Hold Me Now

Chapter Twenty-Two

    It seemed like hours before the car stopped, causing Niall and Zayn to knock into the side of the trunk. Niall hissed through clenched teeth, his grip on Zayn's arm tightening.

    "It's okay, Ni," Zayn whispered into Niall's bloody hair. Niall couldn't feel anything other than sharp stings every once in a while. "Everything is going to be fine." Niall nodded weakly, sucking in air through his mouth. The trunk was suddenly open, a faint light of the sunlight shining in.

    "Well, would you look at that," Bobby said as Yaser looked at the two in disgust, "they're together. Holding each other. How utterly horrifying."

    "Don't touch my son," Yaser hissed as he roughly snatched Niall, throwing him onto the dirt road. Niall screamed, tears streaming down his face. Zayn let out a shriek as he wiggled around, his eyes flaring as he stared down at his angel in the dirt.

    "Don't you freaking dare touch him like that again!" Zayn snapped, watching as Niall rolled slowly onto his back. Bobby laughed at the two of them, stomping down on Niall's wrist, receiving an ear shattering scream from the blonde.

    "Like that?" Bobby chuckled, glancing back at Zayn, who had tears streaking his cheeks. "Or like this?" Bobby asked, kicking Niall in the side of the head. Niall whimpered, curling into a ball as much as he possibly could, which was hardly anything. 

    "Stop it!" Zayn screamed as Bobby kicked Niall repeatedly. "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Please, stop kicking him! Please!" But his pleas were ignored. Niall wailed out Zayn's name after each blow was delivered, blood oozing out of his nose and dripping from the corner of his lips.

    "Okay!" Yaser said, looking away from the mangled body on the ground. "Alright, let's move on." Bobby kicked Niall one last time in the jaw, and then spun around to help Yaser get a squirming Zayn from the car. "Zayn! Settle down!"

    "You hit him!" Zayn screeched, throwing his body in Bobby's direction, being held back by his father. "You freaking beat him like he was an animal!" Zayn had never been this mad before, but then again, he had never cared so much for one human being.

    "Zayn, shut up," Yaser said quietly, dragging his son towards a house they had pulled up to. Bobby snatched Niall up by his leg, right where his skin was split open. Niall shrieked out in pain as Bobby's fingers dug into his wound.

    "P-Plea-ase!" Niall cried, arching his back off of the ground, the rocks reopening his painful wounds. "S-Stop! I-I'll w-walk-lk!" Bobby dropped Niall's leg and yanked the poor boy to his feet.

    "Now go," Bobby commanded, giving Niall a shove. Niall whimpered, taking small, shaky steps. Minutes later, Niall was in the house, collapsing next to Zayn, who was still bound up.

    "Angel," Zayn breathed, scooting closer to the younger boy, who was breathing rapidly. "I'm so, so, so sorry." Zayn leaned his forehead against Niall's, tears streaking his cheeks.

    "Zayn, don't get near that thing," Yaser said, scooting Niall away from his son with his foot. Niall whimpered, his eyes never straying from Zayn's. Zayn sucked in an angry breath, kicking at his father's legs.

    "He is not a thing!" Zayn screamed, hitting Yaser in the knees. "He is a very freaking alive human! You treat him like he's a real person!"

    "Zayn," Niall said quietly, slowly reaching his hand out, resting it on Zayn's cheek. Zayn calmed down immediately, his eyes glassy. "It's okay. I've been called it and thing all my life. I'm used to it. Just calm down and everything will be okay. You promised." Zayn nodded his head, taking a deep breath.