Hold Me Now-Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Niall woke up in the middle of the night to the phone ringing. Zayn was asleep, and wasn't waking up anytime soon, his arms wrapped lightly around Niall's waist. Niall carefully untangled Zayn's arms, slipping out of the bed. He hurried to throw on his robe, which was lying on a chair, and quickly rushed to the phone.

"Hello, Niall Horan speaking," Niall said tiredly as he picked up the phone, putting it to his ear. The voice on the other end breathed for a couple seconds, sending shivers down his back. "Hello?"

"Hello Niall," the voice purred. "Darling, did you miss me? Because I sure miss my personal punching bag."

"No," Niall whispered, taking a shaky step back. "No no no." The other person chuckled, and tears formed in Niall's eyes, streaming down his cheeks.

"Yes, yes, Niall," the person said darkly, "it's me, Bobby. I've missed you so much, and I can't wait for you to come home, where you will face a sever punishment for leaving."

"No!" Niall shrieked, stumbling over things, backing into a wall. "No! No! I will never go back! You can't make me! I won't do it!"

"You don't have a choice. Des will get you. Why to you think I sent him? And Mr. Howl? Me and him go way back, before I met your stupid mother. I broke him out of jail and he became a teacher under a new name. I told him to rape you, Niall," Bobby chuckled.

"Why?" Niall sobbed, choking on his tears. "Why would you do something so awful? So sick? So cruel? What have I ever done to you?"

"You took her away from me!" Bobby screeched, breathing heavily. Niall sniffed, wiping his nose with the back of his hand, waiting for Bobby to continue. "You took Maura away from me," he said, quieter this time. "She loved me, I loved her. But Greg ruined it all! So she had to have you and give you all the attention!"

"Is that why you hate me?" Niall asked quietly, rubbing his cheeks. "Because of something I couldn't help? Mum would've loved you just as much as me if you had at least tried to love me. I know I always tried with you."

"I tried, but I could never be good enough," Bobby said, chuckling bitterly. "I always did it wrong somehow. So I decided to hate you both."

"Bobby?" Niall asked softly. When his father didn't reply, Niall continued. "How did Greg die?"

"I pushed him," Bobby said coldly, his breathing uneven. "I pushed him out because I realized that it wasn't all your fault, it was Greg's. But then you lived, and I had so much anger, that I pinned the blame back on you. So now you're coming home for good."

"No!" Niall screamed, his tears falling again. "Des won't get me! Zayn will protect me, he won't let you get me!" Niall heard the bed creak in the other room, signalling that Zayn was up and would be coming any second.

"Go ahead, I'd like to see him try. If he does, we will put a bullet through his brain. Sure, he may love you, but is he willing to die for you?" Bobby chuckled. Zayn's head popped into the room.

"Yes!" Niall shouted, sobs wracking his body. "Of course he would! He loves me!" Zayn dashed to Niall, wrapping his arms around Niall's slender body and taking the phone to his ear.

"Listen to me, Bobby," he hissed, already knowing who it was, "you stop with this stupid game. You touch a hair on Niall and I will break every bone in your body and hang you. You understand? Now don't call here again."

Zayn slammed the phone down, closing his arms around Niall. "Zainie," Niall whimpered, burying his face in Zayn's neck. Zayn caressed his back, placing soft kisses to the base of Niall's neck.