Hold Me Now-Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

No matter how hard Zayn tried, he couldn't fall back asleep. Niall had fallen asleep hours ago, his soft breathing sending tingles down Zayn's body. Niall's arms were wrapped tightly around Zayn's torso, his head pressed against Zayn's bare chest. Niall's head was tilted up so Zayn could see his nearly flawless face.

"I love you, angel," Zayn whispered, his lips grazing Niall's creamy white skin. Niall grunted softly, his lips parting. Zayn chuckled, his fingers brushing over Niall's bare back. His fingers glided over his scars, tracing them.

Zayn froze as he heard a quiet creak of the door. Who could it be? Louis or Harry? No, they would've come in banging the door. Liam and Danny? No, it was late, Danny wouldn't want to come. So who could it be, then?

"Des," Zayn whispered, his arms wrapping protectively around Niall's slender body. Niall moaned softly, shifting. His head was now pressed in the crook of Zayn's neck, his breathing tickling Zayn's ear. Zayn's fingers tangled in Niall's hair as his legs wrapped around Niall's waist.

"Of course they're asleep, its late!" Zayn heard Des whisper-yell to someone who was obviously with him. Zayn had no idea how they got in, but he wasn't going to stop and ask them, either. He had to protect Niall, who was most important at the moment.

"Niall, baby?" Zayn whispered, tapping Niall repeatedly on the shoulder. Niall groaned, twisting his head away. "Niall, you need to get up. Like, now."

"Why?" Niall moaned, tightening his grip on Zayn. Zayn glanced at the door again, shaking Niall's shoulder. "Stop, I'm tired and I want to sleep."

"Ni, I need you to wake up," Zayn said impatiently. When Niall didn't stir, Zayn grabbed Niall's thighs, picking up the slender boy. He hurried to the bathroom, closing the door with his foot. He laid Niall in the bathtub and quickly locked the door.

"Zayn?" Niall whispered, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Why am I in the bathtub? Are you going to murder me? B-Because I have a r-razor!" Zayn looked over at Niall, a puzzled look on his face. He walked over to Niall, wrapping his arms around Niall's trembling shoulders.

"Niall," Zayn said softly, brushing his lips over the younger boy's temple, "is there something you want to tell me?" Niall whimpered, his hands clutching Zayn's shoulders.

"I-I had a dream once w-where you, Harry, and L-Louis told me that all of this was f-fake," Niall stuttered, tears streaming down him face. "A-And then you k-killed me!" Zayn gasped, wrapping Niall's body around his own.

"Angel, it was just a dream," he whispered, nuzzling Niall's head. Niall whimpered again, wrapping his arms tightly around Zayn's neck. "We would never do that to our baby Niall."

"Zayn? What are we doing in the bathroom? What's wrong with our bed?" Niall whispered, pressing soft kisses to Zayn's neck. Zayn moaned softly, his fingers combing through Niall's bleached hair. "Zainie? You going to answer me?"

"Sorry, babe," Zayn said quietly, pulling Niall's face away. He pecked the Irish boy's nose before answering. "But first I want to know why you were scared of Des the other day." Niall shifted uncomfortably, looking down at their entangled legs. "Ni."

"Becausehestolemyvirginity," Niall whispered. Zayn cupped a hand around his ear. So Niall took a deep breath, preparing himself. "Because he took the last thing that I ever thought was truly mine. He stole my innocence, Zainie. He stole it!" Tears rolled down Niall's cheeks.

"Baby, please, don't cry," Zayn whispered, kissing away the tears. He cradled Niall as he cried silent tears, his anger for Des boiling. "I'm so sorry, Ni, I had no idea he did that to you."