Hold Me Now-Epilogue

Epilogue

    "But most of all, Harry and Liam were my brothers, and I'll never forget them," Zayn finished, tears streaming down his face. A few people clapped in the hundreds of people at the funeral. Niall sat in the front row, his own face red and blotchy, tears streaking his cheeks.

    Zayn folded up his piece of paper and beaconed his boyfriend up to the podium. Niall nodded, standing shakily onto his legs and making his way up to the raven haired boy. Zayn opened his arms, and Niall fell into them, sobbing into the elder's chest. Zayn ran his fingers through the younger's blonde hair, rocking him back and forth.

    "You going to give your speech?" Zayn whispered in the Irish boy's ear. Niall nodded, pulling away and wiping at his tears. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his folded piece of notebook paper. He stepped up to the wooden podium, unfolding the paper and smoothing it on on the ledge.

    "I, uh," Niall started, taking deep breaths, "sat down yesterday to write out w-what I wanted to say today. B-But after a couple crumpled pieces of p-paper laying next to my trash, and t-tears running down my face, I r-realized that Louis would've hated a p-planed out s-speech.

    "So I b-brought this blank paper, with hopes that the w-words would just c-come to me. L-Louis was more than just m-my friend. Like Z-Z-Zayn said, Louis was my brother. M-My actual brother had t-tricked us all into thinking he was d-dead, so when I found L-Louis, he just filled in that position, I guess.

    "I, uh, went through s-some awful things in my life, but L-Louis was always there for me, more than h-he ever realized. I can honestly say that without L-Louis, I would be here today. I w-would have already killed myself, and then I wouldn't have the lovely b-boyfriend I have n-now."

    Niall paused, turning around to Zayn to give him a quick hug. Zayn rubbed his back soothingly, trying his best to wipe away Niall's tears. "You're doing great, baby," Zayn whispered, tilting Niall's chin up to see into his eyes. Niall nodded his head before he turned back around, facing the crowd.

    "Sorry about that," Niall started, his eyes cast downwards onto the paper. "I-I don't know what else to say, b-but I know L-Louis deserves a better speech. But I can't, and I'm sorry L-Louis. I'm sorry you had to die to save us, I'm sorry you didn't get to live your happily ever a-after. But I'm going to try my b-best to live m-mine, because I know that's what you w-would've wanted."

    As soon as the last word left his mouth, he flung himself into Zayn's arms, taking the older lad by surprise. He was quick to try and calm the crying boy, hoisting his petite body onto his hip. Zayn carried Niall back to the chair, wincing as Niall's head smacked into his own.

    "Sorry," Niall whispered weakly, his thin lips on the place his head had hit. "Z-Zayn? I don't wanna be h-here anymore." Zayn nodded his head in understandment, lifting Niall up and carrying him towards the building behind all the rows of people. The suits that the two boys were wearing made their position awkward, but neither said anything about it.

    "I love you," Zayn whispered into the younger's ear, his lips trailing the shell of it. Niall's body shuttered, and his hands gripped Zayn's shirt tighter. "So, so much."

    "I-I love you too," Niall whimpered, tightening his legs around Zayn's waist. Once they reached the building's doors, Zayn opened the door with his foot, bringing the boy in his arms over to the couch in the lobby. Niall was crying softly, his tears wetting Zayn's suit.

    "No tears, baby, no tears," Zayn whispered as he set Niall on his lap, so the younger was straddling him. Zayn lifted Niall's chin, wiping his cheeks to clear the tears. Niall shook his head, burying his face in the crook of Zayn's neck. "I know it's hard, angel, but we'll get through this. Louis would've wanted you to live happily ever after, okay?"