Chapter 3: Frankie Dear

Frank and Gerard have been regularly meeting and hanging out for the past few weeks now. They had been getting closer and closer. They usually spent their school lunches together, unless Gerard had some club. Of course Frank didn't take part in any of the clubs. That would cause him unnecessary anxiety that he really, didn't need in his life.

Gerard had introduced the younger to his group of friends which consisted of Ray - the sweet guy with really curly hair, Mikey - Gerard's younger brother, and Pete - Mikey's best friend with the amazing guyliner. 

Gerard had gotten used to Franks awkward pauses and difficulty to start up any kind of conversation. But Gerard didn't mind, Frank was just shy and that was totally fine. 

However Gerard still had no idea what went on in Frank's head. After Frank had ran off in the woods Gerard thought it better to stop questioning Frank. He could see when he was particularly upset or anxious- which was more often than not, but he rarely commented. 

Gerard wanted to help, he really did, but he didn't know how. He wanted his friend to trust him.

Frank was on his way over to Gerard and Mikey's house. Pete would be coming over as well, Ray was supposed to come but he couldn't because he had to help his mum prepare for a charity event.

Frank had grown moderately comfortable around this group of people by now. Gerard had somewhat become his closest friend in the group. Frank enjoyed being around all of them, although he still stayed home by himself a lot, that's just where he felt most comfortable. 

Solidarity was comforting. Frank couldn't help but feel like his room was the safest place he had right now. The forest had been unknowingly infiltrated by Gerard. Sure Frank still went there but he was always anxious that Gerard could show up at any moment and he would be forced to speak.

Frank was at the Ways place now. He knew Gerard and Mikey's parents were gone for the weekend so that calmed him down a bit. They had the place all to themselves for the weekend and it would be awesome.

Frank bit his lip nervously and went to knock on the door. He hated this part- he always had. It made him feel vulnerable and he never knew how to knock on the door. As crazy as that may sound that was how Frank's mind worked. 

Was he supposed to knock twice? 3 times? And how hard? How loud should he be knocking? If no one answered after half a minute should he knock again? Or awkwardly wait by the door? 

Frank pushed his paranoid thoughts to the back of his mind and just knocked. Twice. At what he considered a moderate noise level. Gerard came to answer the door almost immediately and welcomed Frank with a huge smile on his face and pulled him into a short hug. 

They went inside to where Mikey was sitting on the floor staring at his phone in the living room, typing a message to someone. Mikey looked up when Frank and Gerard entered the room and said a quick 'hello' to Frank and got onto his feet.

Mikey stood opposite Gerard and Frank. "Pete got lost on his way over here. I know roughly where he is, so I'm gonna go get him okay?"

Gerard laughed. "How the hell did he get lost? It's literally a five minute walk from his place."

Mikey smiled back "Yeah I know.. he's not the smartest..Anyway I'll go get him." And with that he was out the door. Leaving Frank and Gerard alone in their house. Frank looked at Gerard hoping that the he would make this less awkward.

"Do you want coffee?" Gerard said already walking in direction of the kitchen. "Uhm sure I mean if it's no hassle, I-"

Gerard cut in. "Trust me it's fine, it's no hassle at all, I was going to make coffee anyway."