Chapter 22: Coming Out x2

Gerard took Franks hand in his, walking over to the table where his parents were currently sat. 

"Uhm, this is Frank," they both lifted their heads to look at the two boys stood in front of them, "m-my boyfriend." 

In this situation you may expect Gerards heart to be beating faster, seeing as he was the one telling his parents he had a boyfriend. But no, Frank was literally about to pass out. He was light headed and could barely breath. He felt exposed. 

Frank gripped Gerards hand tighter, anticipating their reaction. Both parents were simply staring at them and their joined hands.

"Oh," his mother was the first to.. well, audibly react, "I knew you weren't the most masculine boy but I guess I just didn't expect this," she motioned between the two of them. 

Frank almost said something, almost. He wanted to tell her that this had nothing to do with her sons masculinity. I mean, Gerard had never even said he was gay before. Maybe he was straight and Frank was his exception to his sexuality. Or maybe-

His thoughts were cut off when his mother engulfed the two of them in a hug and Gerard let out a long content sigh. "It's fine dear, I support you. I'm your mother after all."

"Thank god, I thought you might like kick me out or something," he chuckled. 

"Probably not the best time to bring up god, son," his dad spoke for the first time, "and although I don't exactly condone this, I'm not going to stop you from being together. Gerard you're old enough to make decisions yourself." 

"Uh thanks?" 

"Anyway me and your father have to go now, were meeting a couple friends from your fathers work for dinner," she turned to Frank, "it was really nice to meet you, Frank."

Franks heart skipped a beat as he was brought back to reality by being included in the conversation.

"Uh, it was nice to meet you too," his voice was relatively quiet but she didn't seem to mind.

"Have fun boys!" she called out before grabbing her bag and walking out of the house with her husband by her side. 

Gerard turned to Frank, fiddling with their intertwined fingers, "well that went much better than I expected it to." 

Frank simply smiled and kissed his boyfriend on the lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

-

Frank sighed, "Mikey, I swear to god if you don't make a move on Pete soon I'll kill you. The tension between the two of you is unreal."

Mikey blushed a deep red, "I don't even like boys! Let alone Pete!"

And Frank burst out laughing at that because it was hilarious how fragile his friends masculinity was and that he was still denying his feelings for Pete. The two of them had always been pretty close but now, now it was just getting ridiculous. Everyone could see how ridiculously gay they were for each other. 

"What? It's true! I like girls, boobs and l-like all that stuff."

"Mikey come on, everyone can see how much you like each other. Anyway it doesn't make you gay if you like Pete, you know he could be the exception to your insanely fragile heterosexuality." 

"But I don't like Pete."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"No, no I don't like him."

"Mikes accept it! You're totally gay for him."

"No."

"You are so fucking gay for Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the third, don't even try to deny it anymore."

And that really was nothing but the truth. Mikey was so insanely involve with this guy and he had been for quite a while, that much was painfully obvious to the people around him. But somehow he had always managed to deny it. As if his life depended on his heterosexuality.

"Pete doesn't even like me though."

"So you do like him?" Frank said sounding genuinely surprised by the fact that Mikey may be admitting that he totally had it bad for Pete.

"Uh- No, I just.. I thought he liked Ashlee?" Mikey lowered his gaze as he spoke, diverting his eyes from Franks probing ones.

Frank scoffed, "nope, they're just friends. He only has eyes for you."

And then Mikey was blushing again and surely this time he couldn't deny how much he did in fact like Pete. "Oh, uh, well we're just friends."

"Sure you are."

"Okay, well maybe, I like.. him just like a little bit, you know, I think, well, I t-think he's kinda cute."

And Frank Iero fucking squealed. Because for the past few months he had been trying to get Mikey to say that. 

"I knew it! I fucking knew it- oh my god!" He paused searching for his phone, "I have to call Gerard! I'm gonna have to get you to say this on tape! No ones even gonna believe me." 

"No," Mikey stated firmly, "sorry, I just don't want Pete to hear it from someone else, you know? I'm gonna have to tell him in person at some point."

And then realisation hit Michael Way right in the face.

"I'm gonna have to tell Pete I like him! God knows you can't keep your mouth shut for more than a couple minutes. I'm gonna have to tell Pete, oh god, how? When? What if this ends our friendship? What if he doesn't even like me back?" Mikey was borderline hyperventilating at this point.

"I texted Pete. He's coming over now, good luck," Frank nonchalantly lifted himself from the sofa he was sat on, Mikeys jaw was literally on the floor at this point because, oh my god, he had to tell Pete like right now.

"Wait! Frank this is your house!! Mikey shouted after his friend who was now half way out of the door. 

Frank winked, "just don't fuck on my bed, okay?"

And with that he left his friend, alone in his house, whilst he waited for his crush to come over. To say Mikey was panicking may have been an understatement, because he was literally dead right now.

-

Pete knocked on the door to Franks house having received the text a few minutes prior. He seriously had no idea what the fuck was going on. And as he was let into the house by a very pale looking Mikey, he only got more confused.

"Mikey are you okay?" Pete asked immediately after the two had sat down. He noticed Mikeys shaking limbs and inability to look Pete in the eyes.

"Oh, uh, yeah," he said sound unsure of his own answer.

Pete quirked an eyebrow, brushing it off, "so why-"

"I- uh.. I.. have a c-crush on you," Mikey stammered out, finally looking back up at Pete.