Chapter 23: I Feel Like Dancin'

Be ready by 3pm. We're going on a date.

Today was Frank and Gerards 5 month anniversary. Gerard had planned a date for the both of them and Frank hadn't been allowed to know anything about it.

Frank quickly slipped into jeans and a plain shirt, making his way to the front door. But before he could get out his mum stopped him, "Oh Frankie! Are you going on a date?"

He groaned, "Yes and if you don't let me leave now, I'm gonna be late."

Coming out to his parents hadn't been the hardest thing. A couple days ago his mum had seen him blush at a text he received and instantly asked if it was a girl.. or a boy. And Frank had only ended up blushing more at that. It wasn't exactly the hardest thing to see that Frank wasn't the straightest person.  His mother had bombarded him with questions and hell, it had been annoying. Regardless, Frank didn't mind too much. Talking about Gerard was one of his favourite things to do, even if he was talking to his mum about him.

Frank sprinted out of the front door, bumping into something or rather someone.

"Oh fuck sorry," Frank looked up to be met by his boyfriends gorgeous eyes, holding a hint of amusement in them, "fuck you look good today."

Gerard chuckled, "thanks princess, now we've got to get going." He took his hand and practically pulled him to the car.

They drove to a seemingly remote area, it was starting to get a bit late and the sun had started to disappear. The colours were spilling out onto the sky, creating a beautifully calm scene in front of them.

They stopped in the middle of a small field, the green forest surrounding the area. A small blanket was laid onto the grass, pillows and fluffy blankets atop of it. After all, it was still winter and neither of the two wanted to freeze to death on their date.

Gerard grabbed a basket with food and drink, also taking Franks hand in the process, and walked both of them to the area. They sat down, still hand in hand, facing each other. They didn't seem to be able to tear their gazes from one another.

"God, you're so beautiful," Gerard said looking deeper into Franks eyes. He could easily get lost in the colours. Franks eyes were captivating, Gerard found himself looking into them more often than not.

Frank stared back, although he couldn't accept it himself that to Gerard he really was beautiful, he was trying. He really was trying to see himself how others truly saw him. Not how he thought they saw him.

It was hard but it would be okay. Both of them knew that now.

Frank cupped Gerard's face, running his fingers along the boys soft cheeks that he loved all too much.

"And you're absolutely perfect."

They both leaned in closer, gently pressing their lips together. This meant something. Passion. Passion that was no longer laced with one boys sadness. No longer laved with thoughts of 'will I ever get to do this again?'

No, now it was pure passion. Nothing else taking up the space between them anymore.

Gerard pushed Frank down onto the soft blankets, straddling him in the process. Gerard deepened the kiss.

Right now, they were like any couple.
On some romantic date, that meant all too little and all too much, kissing like it's the only thing keeping them together.

And that had never been more okay.
Maybe they both just needed that. To feel normal again.

Out of breath and slightly starstruck, Gerard pulled away and lay down beside Frank. He wrapped a blanket around the two of them, pulling Frank closer to him and wrapping him in a hug.

"I love you," Frank said quietly, barely piercing the air with sound.

"I love you," Gerard breathed back, maybe both of them were still scared of breaking this. Breaking them.

Because maybe if their tone was too harsh or they made the wrong move, something or someone, would break.

Frank looked up at the stars. He remembered the time when he felt more in tune with them than anything else. He never felt grounded.

He had always been drifting, floating away from reality. He had been hanging by a string.

But now, he was more alive than anything. And he wanted to thank Gerard for that, but he knew that was wrong. He had helped himself.
He was his own reason why he was okay. He had saved himself, and yes of course Gerard had helped along the way, but all in all it was Frank.

The night sky was only just fading into complete blackness now, tints of blue and purple still staining the corners.

"Gerard?" Frank turned to look at him.

"Mhm."

"I used to get lost in those stars. I had this absurd fascination with them. I mean, I still do. But I used to feel like I was lost in them. Like I was floating up there with them, more than I was down here. Do you remember the bonfire?"

Gerard nodded, brushing a fee hairs away that had fallen into Franks face, "the one where Bob was being a total dick to everyone?"

"Yeah that one. That day I was so distant and lost. You made me feel grounded for a while but that never lasted. You weren't enough to keep me from quite metaphorically, floating away. That's not your fault though. You aren't supposed to save me from myself. I had to do that," Frank nuzzled his face closer to Gerard, "I was such a mess, I hate how I used to be."

"Baby don't say that. You have to remember that that version of you is who I knew first, it's who I started to fall in love with. You were just very, very, sad, that's not your fault. You were the most beautiful mess I had ever had the pleasure of meeting."

Frank placed his lips to Gerard's.

"I'm fucking hungry you better have brought food," Frank mumbled into his boyfriends lips.

A/N: Fuuuuuck, I'm so sorry updates have been so irregular!
This is a bit shorter because I really had to get out a chapter, I'll try make updates more regular again.