CHP 15: EMOTIONS AND ENGAGEMENT

AISHA'S POV:

"Nervous?" Mom asked
" yes" I replied, I was not nervous,I was just much more than that. I felt like I was was going to have panic attack anytime soon,my Palm was oily with sweat and cold because of fear.
Relax Aisha breath I said to myself.
" Aisha, relax, atleast you are having love marriage not arranged marriage like us, in which we don't even know if a guy turned out to be a player or worst. at least you are not being pushed inside the well of marriage." One of my cousin said.

Because for gods sake I am committing suicide in the well of marriage. I sighted.

" Ok are you all done because engagement function is going to start anytime soon" a highly bored Ishan said to which meera snickered.

" you know you look incredibly sexy in this outfit" Emily said to me.

"And you know that sometimes I doubt your sexuality" Ishan said

" what!!" Emily replied in a state of complete shock.

"I mean who gives a girl complements like 'you look sexy' if you want to complement her tell
Her ,Aisha you look beautiful disaster right now" Ishan said in a serious tone looking towards me.

"Th...thank you" I replied completely speechless by his complement not knowing if he was joking or serious about what he was saying.

Mom,my other cousins and Emily went out to see the arrangement and told me to wait here until someone calls me there. Thanks to Emily and Ishan ,my nervousness was less now.

" I don't understand why do people want to marry someone I mean it's like you are a goat getting sacrificed and people are celebrating it ,it's like you are getting enslaved and people are pushing you forward that go and get enslaved rather than saving you" an highly irritated Ishan said.
Why is he having mood swings now?

"Ishan whatever you are saying is not true, you are not being sacrificed or enslaved but instead you are given freedom ,freedom to take responsibility of each other,freedom to know each other, care for each other, people say marriage is for completing each other but the fact is you were never incomplete you just needed people to completely accept you and this is what happens in marriage ,people completely accept you, your flaws,
your mistakes ,your past ,your everything. Getting married to someone and staying loyal to them is the beauty that no one is able to see now a days and that's why divorce rate is increasing day by day" Meera said to Ishan.

I was speechless as well as shocked I never saw this philosophic side of meera before.

"Meera are you alright?" Ishan asked

" yes it's just....." Meera said but was interrupted by ishan

" I never considered YOU having such deep thoughts about marriage!" Ishan said in complete shock

" Just because I am silent doesn't mean I am dumb" Meera said angrily

" Meera we never thought you are dumb it's...it's just that we never saw this side of yours before" I said trying not to let them fight

" which side? " she asked confused

" This all philosophic and mature side" I said

" you know everything about me Aisha" Meera said giving me and Ishan a sad smile.

My heart broke for her ,she was a strong girl ,stronger than me ,even after losing so much she was still smiling, her parents had a very bad divorce when she was 10 and none of them wanted her so she was forced to stay with her grandmother who died when she was only 17 after that she started working for living and when I and my family offered her money she rejected it saying she will not accept any money which is not earned by her. If anyone was at her place they would have lost their trust on love and marriage but she didn't.