five

f i v e; meeting evil

Mornings tend to be viewed as a beautiful time of the day, the sun glimmers overhead to indicate it has risen and a new day has started. Birds chirping as they fly across the skyline, soaring through the air and leaving behind the echo of their wings fluttering, some occasionally making their way to land on a tree branch.

Kitana, however, wasn't the one to be blessed with having the bright and early thoughts when it was morning. It was specifically the whole thing of the birds that was bothering her the most, even worse than the sun that she could feel shining right in her face.

She could hear birds fluttering their wings when they made a landing, likely to be landing on the roof of the house since the sound was so close. She could hear their obnoxious chiping that made her cringe. Her fists clenched and she dug her fingernails into the palm of her hands to resist the urge of just grabbing those chirpy birds and ripping their throats out.

She groaned, no longer feeling comfortable as she was during her slumber, and outstretched to her left side. Well, she put enough force in stretching her arm and leg that she pushed Ethan off the bed, making him land on the floor with a thud. Her body was now sprawled out in the middle of the bed, wondering if it was possible to have an off-switch on the birds. Good, I can't see the sun, she thought with her face buried in the covers.

A painful groan came from him as he was on the floor, and he was pretty sure that he heard a few pops when he made the landing. "Good morning to you, too, Kitana," he mumbled groggily, rubbing his eyes and adjusting to the lighting. The only thing that came from the princess was a low grunt in response.

Right when she finally got comfortable and didn't think about the birds chirping from outside, she heard an awful blaring sound. Her frustration capacity was at a low level, and that was clearly shown when she threw the blanket off of her and sat up. Her hand waved in the air, and one of her fans held tightly in place when it appeared out of thin air.

She looked around the room with her eye narrowed, trying to find whatever source that that was making the exasperating noise.

Ethan widened his eyes at the sight, holding out his hand to stop her from moving. "Kitana, Kitana, Kitana," he repeated quickly, reaching over for his blaring alarm clock to show that it was that that had been making the noise. "It's just an alarm clock," he assured softly, pressing down the snooze button and stopping the noise.

Kitana breathed in and out, licking her bottom lip. Ethan warily reached out for her wrist, and making his way to sit next to her on the bed. He slowly lowered her soft hand that held the lethal fan until it was in reach and grabbed the ends of it. He was extra careful in not touching the blades so that he would cut his fingers off, and closed the blue fan the princess held.

Kitana sighed, simply waving her hand in the air to make her weapon disappear, and placed her face in her hand, elbows rested on her lap. "I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this just isn't your morning," Ethan said with a bit of hesitation, a tiny bit worried that she would just reach over and snap his neck.

"Every morning isn't my morning," she replied, and Ethan lightly sighed when she showed no sign of harming him in any way. She lifted her face from her hands, and now placing her chin on her palms and looking at the boy in front of her. "I just don't like mornings."