eleven

e l e v e n ; retaliate

Kitana and Ethan gathered their school supplies and left the house to head their way to school. The two walked side by side down the sidewalk and didn't spoke the first few minutes into the walk.

"So how did the whole 'werewolf proof' go yesterday?" Kitana decided to break the silence. She adjusted her binder as she held it against her chest and turned her head to look at the boy walking with her.

"Well," Ethan drawled out the word awkwardly.

"Okay, based on that I'ma guess not good?"

"Sums it up, pretty much." He cleared his throat and licked his lips in preparation to summarize the previous day's events. "When David was in football practice, Benny tried a spell but it didn't work."

"Wait, so what happened here?" Kitana stopped him in the middle of his explanation and took his right arm where he had a white bandage wrapped around the forearm. "'Cause I'm more than sure that I'm not violent when I sleep so I don't think that's my fault." She gently let go of his arm at that, and a small part of Ethan wished he could've just reached down and lace his fingers with hers.

"It isn't," he assured her. When he thought about it, Kitana was no where near that description during the nights. "And you're not violent when you're sleeping," he added, "In fact, you're calm; you look peaceful."

Kitana looked back at him from looking at the sidewalk trail ahead of them, and gave him a sincere smile. It was foreign to her to feel like this, she would never feel any sort of being warm on the inside. In fact, she felt like she was way more heartless when she was back at her realm. Why she felt like she's changing was beyond her.

Ethan cleared his throat, hoping that Kitana wouldn't think of his observation being weird of him to be confessing about, let alone doing it in the first place. "Anyway, I may have decided to go in and try to prove my theory. But, uh, didn't really turn out to be that safe."

"It's a scratch," he told her when he lifted up the arm that had that white bandage wrapped around it.

"Wait, so does that mean...?"

He nodded before she could be able to to finish her question because he knew that she was leaning into the question that was if his theory on David being a werewolf was right. A scratch with regular finger nails wouldn't be necassary to require a bandage, but a werewolf scratch might. "I don't feel anything, so I guess--"

Ethan stopped talking when he heard a car passing the duo and started to run after it.

"Ethan!" Kitana called after him. It was sort of pointless because Ethan was running fast enough to keep up with the car, which made her confused as to why he would want to be chasing after a car when they had to get to school. "What the?"

▲ ▽ ▲ ▽ ▲ ▽

Later that day, Kitana walked into the student lounge so that she could be able to sit back and relax for a while until she would have to continue the school day. But those plans were thrown out the window when she saw that Ethan, Benny, and Sarah were in there. She went up to the Morgan boy with the question set in mind.