fourteen

f o u r t e e n ; bargain

By the time the trio made it outside, they could see that the blood drive truck just left the parking lot, and Benny came running to the scene. He hunched over, catching his breath with his back turned to them. The three jogged over to him with Ethan calling out, "Benny?"

The boy turned around to see them, meeting them halfway. "Ethan! You hung up on me!" he exclaimed, deeply offended by his best friend's previous actions.

"Look, later!" Sarah desperately yelled in order to stop the bickering. "Right now, we have vampire nurses to deal with."

"Vampire nurses?" Benny asked with his eyebrows raised. "Alright! That's worth running for."

"Wait, where's Rory and Erica?" Ethan asked when he thought about it. "We figured out they were planning to rob the blood truck."

Benny took out his phone, unlocking it to see the screen where a red dot was moving on the map displayed. The red dot was moving rather quickly, quicker than if someone would be going on foot.

"You put a tracker on him?" Kitana asked, seemingly impressed with how ahead they have planned.

Benny nodded his head, staring at the dot with slight confusion. It was earlier that day when he and Ethan planted a tracker on Rory, just so that they can be able to follow his steps when they found out he was an ally to Erica's plan for the blood. He noticed the speed of it moving, and speaking out loud the analyzed fact. "Rory's on the move, and fast."

"He's either flying or--"

"Or he's on that truck!" Ethan interrupted Benny's assumption, concluding to the theory that Rory must've gotten far enough into the plan to get inside the truck. "And Erica's probably still with him."

"They're in danger," Sarah told them with worry laced in her voice. They had to get to them quickly before they get themselves into something too deep. "Vampires are super territorial."

"We gotta grab our gear and go after them - fast."

▲ ▽ ▲ ▽ ▲ ▽

In Ethan's room, Benny and Kitana were packing water guns that were filled with holy water. Ethan was at his desk, looking up on the search engine for something in particular. He clicked on an article, skimming through the text as it was what he was searching for.

"Look what I found," he said to the two in his room. "These blood-sucking nurses have over 30 towns on their route. They've been running this scam for years."

Kitana and Benny walked over behind Ethan to see the computer screen and see the article themselves, seeing the map that contained the red dots of the towns they've been to for their blood drives.

"But they wouldn't run much longer if everyone knew they weren't real nurses," Ethan told them. He turned around in his chair to look at the two. "We can use that against them."