thirteen

t h i r t e e n ; charitable

When Kitana, Benny, and Ethan made their way to school the last thing they would've thought to see was a long line of boys that were leading to a separate room, with signs displayed along the way for a blood drive. Kitana looked over to the two boys by her side with a confused look, wanting to know if they were always this eager and cooperative in a donation.

"You know," Kitana started, looking at the two as she spoke her decision. "I'm gonna go look for Sarah." She proceeded on walking away, walking around the hallway for the girl she was looking for. She wanted to just drift away from the two boys, just for a short amount of time anyways. Plus she knew that she would've wanted to smack Benny for anything idiotic that comes out of his mouth if he decided to be his usual self.

The girl walked down the hall with her eyes out for the fledgling, and stopped in her tracks when she Sarah holding a bag of chips in her hands and eating. She walked up to her, and grew worried when she saw her distracted look as she chewed chip after chip.

"Sarah, you okay?"

"To be completely honest with you, no," Sarah told her while chewing a potato chip."There's a blood drive." She could just smell the strong scent from where she was standing, the metallic smell was sweet to her nose, and she kept feeding herself the salted potato chips in order to restrain herself.

"Wh-?" Kitana started to ask what the problem was but then realized. She couldn't imagine how hard it was to be fighting that strong of a craving for something that she was would be dying to get their hands on. "Oh. Oh, crap."

"Are you gonna be alright, do you want to just leave?" she concernedly asked.

"No, no I can't," Sarah shook her head, starting to walk down the hall absentmindedly with Kitana following by her side. "I'll be fine, I'm sure I will," she muttered the last part when she entered a room and realized what was in there.

"Um, Sarah, you just led us to the blood," Kitana told her, seeing one guy on a chair who just finished taking out a pint of blood for the nurse to take.

The room for the donations occurring contained two seats for two people at a time to sit in for their donations. And she also looked over to see the formed line for the donations, and noticed how all of them were boys, whose eyes were on one of the younger blonde nurses.

Sarah didn't respond, she just looked at the packs of blood pumping into the pint bag while chewing the chips in her mouth.

Kitana looked from her friend standing by her over to see that Ethan was approaching the two after walking away from Benny, who was in line, eyeing Sarah acting weird. "Is she okay?" he asked Kitana. Kitana only glanced back at Sarah and cringed worriedly with a shrug at her situation.

"Are you okay, Sarah?" Ethan asked her himself.

"I'm fine," Sarah lied with a distracted look glossed in her eyes. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Ethan rose his eyebrows, looking at the excess of potato chips on the edge of her mouth, and wouldn't be surprised if her fingers were greasy from the contents in the bag. "You have like, half a bag of chips on your face."