six

s i x ; broken pentagram

Kitana had been asleep in Ethan's bed on her side, facing away from him as if it had made a difference in the amount of annoyance she had with all the cheerleaders at the house last night. Her sleep was interrupted when she heard snoring in her ear. She groaned, knowing it was Ethan. "Stop snoring," Kitana grumbled, too tired to try to hit him.

Ethan so much as only snored louder in ear, and she felt an arm tighten around her waist. Her eyes snapped wide open then, looking under the blanket that was on top of her and at her stomach. Sure enough, Ethan's arm was around her stomach.

"Ethan, get your arm off me right now!" she hissed, shaking his shoulder and seeing that he was still in the wig from last night.

That time, he did wake up, removing his arm from Kitana and sitting up in his bed. "Benny," he called to his best friend that had fallen asleep on the ground in a sleeping bag. "Benny, wake up," he said, throwing a pillow at his head.

"Oh!" Benny said when he woke up from the impact of the pillow hitting his head. "What?" he asked, sitting up and looking at Ethan, who had little facial stickers on his face. "Dude, you got stuff all over your face!" he exclaimed, pointing at him.

Ethan touched his face, peeling two small flower stickers that were on his face. "What the--?" he mumbled, staring at the little flowers.

"Okay, this isn't really a sight I'd like to see," Kitana looking in between the two, who had their wigs on throughout the night. She looked at Benny's finger that was pointing at Ethan, and noticed the red color on his nail. "Uh, Benny, why are your nails are red?" she asked, looking at the rest of his nails painted the same color.

Benny gaped, and looked at Ethan's nails. "Ethan, yours are pink!" Ethan looked at his nails horrified at the color, and the fact that he was wearing nail polish, period. "I feel so violated!"

"Those cheerleaders must be stopped," Ethan enunciated, throwing the blanket off of him, almost whacking Kitana in the face in the process. "Or else... who knows what they'll paint pink next."

"Okay," Benny said, standing up from the floor and going over to sit in front of Ethan's desk. He pulled out his spells, flipping through the pages to find the right one. Ethan went to pull the seat next to Benny, sitting down to listen. "Lots of these old spells channel energy with the five points of the pentagram - one for each of the elements."

"Wait," Ethan said when he realised something. "Stephanie said she needed five cheerleaders. She's using our formation to sap human spirits!"

Kitana sat at the end of the bed, tucking one foot under the other leg's thigh. It was something that she would never agree with, not in a million years. She herself would admit that she may be a bit cruel when it came to certain things, but not evil enough to consume human spirits. "I knew she was a shady little--"

"Pentagrams are never good," Benny said, interrupting Kitana before she let something slip out her mouth. "Hopefully a reversal spell will be enough to block the flow of energy."

A knock on the door caused the three to freeze, looking at the door then back at each other. Benny and Ethan hurriedly yet awkwardly pulled off the wigs they still had on, confused as to where they could hide it. Under pressure, they opened a drawer in the desk and shoved them in.