Will you go out with me?

Alec's Pov

I think I remember pain but I'm not sure. It's all muddled up. One minute I was fighting a demon the next I was flat on my back. I think I was in a bed. But then Magnus's face was there. So reality is a bit of a distant memory at the moment.

Then I was back. It was surprisingly cold. People always said that dying was a warm and fuzzy feeling, at least those who came back from being dead. I guess I could add my testament.

The blankets were tangled around me making me feel a little claustrophobic but I was far too weak to move. The room span for a second before everything came into focus and I realized I was in the infirmary. There was soft snoring to my left and it took all my energy just to turn my head to look for the source. Spiky black hair poked out.

".... Mag... Nus..." I managed to cough. The warlocks face came into view as he sat up looking rumpled from sleep and suddenly wide awake.

"Alexander... Lie still" he said gently putting a hand on my chest when I tried to sit up. "You were attacked. You're ok now but you should just relax until everything wakes up"

His face looked almost scared as he watched me. I must look like crap. Man Magnus come back when I'm wearing something decent!

"... Is Izzy... Jace... Are they-they..."

"Yes there fine darling Alexander" he said slipping into pet names that made me blush despite my rumpled state. "Just relax..."

We sat in silence, Magnus's golden eyes trained on my face. Surprisingly I didn't feel uncomfortable. In fact if anything I wanted him to keep looking at me this way, like he was hopelessly lost in my eyes just as I was in his.

In some other perfect world I would have kissed him or said something witty. But alas that is not my life.

Izzy came in with a tray of food, mostly burnt, and dropped it when she saw me. The moment-my  opportunity gone. Magnus was quickly shoved to the side as Jace and Max ran in too, I think I saw him slip out as soon as everyone crowded me.

I didn't get to thank him.

~

After a few days of constant supervision and a strict bed rest, Izzy let me go. Jace put me through a hell of a work out making me sore all over but at about midnight I grabbed my jacket and jumped out my window. It didn't take me long to find Magnus's house again. His lights were on.

My fingers hesitated over the button. What was I doing here? Did I expect us to just be able to go out without any consequences? Were the consequences worth it?

.... Yes.... I think.

My fingers moved before I could stop them. The buzz rang out in my head. WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?!?

I turned to run when "WHO DARES DISTURB THE HIGH WARLOCK OF BROOKLYN AT MIDNIGHT?!?" Came Magnus's sleepy but loud voice from the buzzer. I froze. So many things were zooming through my head. If I went in i'd regret it. If my parents found out I would regret it and Jace-gosh Jace. I hadn't even thought about that.

If I ran now I'd regret it more though.

"... Um... Me?" He said timidly into the speaker.

It was silent. Crap. Maybe he was thinking of turning my away. Maybe he was mad I didn't apologize sooner. Maybe I should go.

"Alexander?" came his voice again. I nodded until I realized he couldn't see me and replied with a yes. The door unlocked and I made my way up the scary looking steps. I was outside his door now when it opened.

OH MY GOSH!! My brain screamed. He was in pink sweatpants with a glittery M on the hip. As for the shirt there wasn't much to say about that.

Because there wasn't one.

I felt my face heat up instantly. Curse the Lightwoods tendency to turn tomato red when they were the slightest uncomfortable. However he smiled widely.

"Liking the view Alexander?" he purred raising an eyebrow and popping his hip out against the doorframe. I slammed my mouth shut which had somehow fallen open and shook my head. Wait. Idiot! "I mean yes! I mean I um I wasn't I-can I come in?" I applauded myself for getting coherent words out.

He chuckled a little and moved aside letting me scurry past him into the great room. It looked like Magnus. Just the style the decor. The door opened into a sitting area with a slightly raised platform for the kitchen and table to the right. Off in front of me had a long hallway with 5 doors, two on the left three on the right. Magnus went past me to one on the right, I assume his bedroom. I shifted uncomfortably by the door unsure what to do until he came back out with a grey t-shirt.

"Sorry to disappoint you Alexander dear but seeing each other naked is a third base thing" he smirked as I blushed again. I looked down trying to control my thoughts but he was talking again. "So. Is there a reason you came at midnight?"

"I-I oh yeah! I wanted to thank you. For saving me I mean" I said finally getting control of myself looking up at him. His face went slack with surprise that I could tell was a rare sight on him, until a soft smile appeared again and he looked normal.

"Wow... I didn't think I'd ever hear a Nephelium say that" he chuckled rubbing his hands over his stubble on his chin.

"Th-they're not that ba-"

"No no they're not! No I didn't mean to offend you Alec. I was just thinking out loud. I've been around a long long time and the Nephelium have always been a... Proud race."

"Well you've met Jace" I mumbled looking down with a smile. This made Magnus laugh-truly laugh, not his chuckle or fake laugh. I thought it was beautiful. Which I was going to let myself admit considering my next question.

".... Willyougooutwithme" I blurted out taking a step closer. Magnus looked throughly confused.

"Excuse me?"

Dang I barely got enough courage to say that. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Will you... Go out with me?"