Wine and babies

Alec's POV

I giggled looking over at Magnus who was sitting in the love seat swirling his drink. He had a deep in thought scowl that only made me laugh harder.

"No but I'm telling you! I've always known that boy would end up a vampire!" he insists making me roll my eyes.

"What are you psychic?" I tease leaning towards him. He pushes my face away and I fall back on the couch contently. My fingers play idly with my own ring that Magnus had picked out for the wedding. It was such a small thing but honestly it made me happier than anything. "... We're married you know that" I sighed looking at him.

He merely nods not look at me and I furrow my eyebrows at him. It takes a while for him to speak but he finally says, "Maybe I'm a time traveler."

That only send me into a helpless fit of giggles and I get up sitting on his lap so I can lean against him. "Maybe so my love..." I mumble looking up at him. He laughs and kisses my cheek softly.

I'm so glad to have my Magnus back.

After we got married (A/N sorry I suck at weddings), he seemed to relax, as if now sure I was his and I wasn't leaving again. Even if I lost my memories I had so much very compelling evidence that we were married and together and in love that I doubt we would have a problem. He was so much more... Magnus now. I missed my Magnus.

He grins more and kisses my lips this time as he sets his drink down. I think the alcohol is flooding my brain now because I completely miss his lips the next kiss around making us both giggle. I silence him with another messy kiss but that drunken smile remains.

Maybe I'm a bit tipsy but it doesn't change how special this is for me. I think this is the turning point. The point when I don't have to kiss him because he needs it, I can kiss him because he wants it. It makes me giddy.

There are moments so perfect that the world gets jealous and decides to completely ruin it. For us it was the door buzzer.

I sigh heavily, pulling away and tracing his jaw. "I'll be back" I teased standing and sauntering to the door. I know fully his eyes are glued to me so I decided to taunt him.

I press the buzzer leaning in. "Yes?"

"Uh is this the Bane residence?" came a soft timid voice. It must have been a girl.

"Yes it is. May I ask who is this?"

Then silence.

I shoot Magnus a look of confusion then decide to go investigate, hopping the poor girl is alright. I know feel the weight of my knife on my thigh and my senses simply delete the alcohol from my system. Too many jobs at bars had taught me to get sober fast.

I push the door open and my eyebrows knit together. No ones there. I'm about to shut it when there's a heartbreaking wail. I jump in surprise and quickly glance around only to find the source of the noise at my feet. My hand flies to my mouth.

It's a baby.

Magnus's POV

Alec's been gone too long and it's annoying. I was having a good time then that cursed doorbell had to go buzzing it's way in like a pesky bee. I wanted to burn it.

Finally I drag myself up with a heave to see where my lovely husband had gotten off to. I'm worried which isn't good. I'd just gotten over my worry.

As I pad down the stairs barefoot I hear Alec's hushed voice and the wails of... Of a baby. I walk a little faster. When I round the corner I see Alec crouched over a basket and my stomach drops. He looks back at me with all the innocent horror of a 22 year old boy. He's never seen an abandoned child. In his life there would never be such a thing.