Mister Cat Eyes

Alec's Pov

Oh of course. Just my luck probably. Izzy swore we were just going to Taki's. And now I was surrounded by downworlders, dancing, downworlders drinking, downworlders making out in corners. Basically a lot of downworlders. The room stank of sweat and felt hot and sticky. People laughed, music boomed, and my head pounded.

I wasn't even dressed for a party.

On top of that we were stopped at the entrance, our dark runes giving us away instantly. Jace beside me was giving his fiancé flirty eyes as we waited for our host. Izzy was chatting with the Vampy over here about the different type of faeries. I was standing awkwardly picking at the hole in my sweater. See the pattern?

I didn't even know who this guy was. Apparently he was the High Warlock Of Brooklyn, though I'd never heard of him. Izzy mentioned a name but it was completely slipping my mind. They seemed anxious about the name so they avoided it all together.

Though now I've forgotten it. Must have not been super important.

I let my gaze wander about the room as we waited hoping for some entertainment. Normally I was taught to treat these creatures as underlings but here I was seeing another side. They looked like normal people, well as normal as you could get with fangs and pointed ears. Even still I had been to a club once or twice and this seemed pretty similar. We had always made them out to be some sort of cult summoning beasts but in reality most of them didn't choose to be who they were.

And they definitely weren't summoning demons. They were just having a good time and I was struck at how wrong our prejudice towards them was yet again.

I was just about to say something to Jace when our host graced us with his presences.

Then the heavens descended in front of me.

In the light he seemed to glow with the coats of glitter and time stood still as he sauntered over to us. He had the most wonderfully tanned skin and spiked black hair with blues and purples twined in. And his eyes, oh his eyes. They were the perfect shade of amber with flecks of pure gold surrounding cat like pupils. I wish I could stare into them all day.

Suddenly his beautifully happy face frowned and he went pale as he saw me. I blushed and looked down as Izzy ran forward to him.

"Alec" Jace said putting his hand on my shoulder. "Let's go get something to drink"

Izzy was talking to the host but his eyes followed me. We locked eyes and he visibly gulped. I nodded and began stumble after him. Jace was talking to his fiancé, Clary and Simon hung by Izzy. I was alone. Because the only one I loved was Jace and he's you know engaged.

Though I've always felt like maybe... Something was missing. Like another person in my life. Like... I don't know it's crazy. I'm crazy. Jace says so. Well enduringly but still. It's true.

I sit at the bar with Jace and Redhead. I take a sip of some water. Then a hiss sounded to my right.

Magnus's POV

This is a dream. It has to be a dream. I can not be seeing Alexander here again. Not like this.

Not again.

I think Izzy saved me from passing out.

"Magnus hey!" she said running over and taking my arm. Good thing I was feeling weak. My eyes wouldn't leave him. They couldn't leave him. I wanted to run over and tackle him. I wanted to kiss him until he felt for me again. I want him. I missed him so much.