Welcome Back

*Self harm trigger warning*

Alec's POV

The world was black and cold and scary. I was falling. My brain wasn't working properly so I just got flashed of memories, of Magnus. He was smiling and laughing and kissing me and I was laughing and then, he was gone. Now it was just bleak and grey and I was drowning. Jace got engaged to Clary. Simon finally made the first move. But I was all alone.

The harsh light snapped me awake.

I heard crying, Magnus's crying. It took some effort but I pried my eyes open to look at him. His back was to me and I wanted to reach out to him. All I could do was push up on my elbow.

"Magnus?" I croaked out reaching for his shirt tail. He whipped around wide eyed and sniffling. "Magnus, love, why are you crying?"

He cried out and I suddenly was scared.

"Alexander?!" he yelled cupping my cheeks. I laughed and grabbed his wrists.

"Yes that is my name. Are you ok? Why are you crying?"

He lets out a heart wrenching sob and tackled me right there, his legs around my hips and his hands pressing to my neck. "Alec, Alec, oh my darling Alexander!"

"Yes that's me. Magnus what is going on?" I whispered trying to soothe his ragged breathing. His face is warm and wet on my cheek but he has no intention of moving.

"What happened here?" Jace's voices sounds from the door and Magnus looked up with tears on his cheek. I gently wipe them away.

"H-he remembers...." he breathed and my confusion deepened. Izzy gasps-Izzy is here now-and runs over. There so much going on.

I was so confused but no one was explaining anything. Eventually I had trembling Magnus wrapped around me and Jace by my other side talking to Izzy. I'm sitting up. Magnus looks numb now. I think he might fall asleep. It run my fingers gently through his hair and his eyes flick to me. My heart skips a beat as I stare into those big sad amber eyes.

"... Magnus what happened..." I breath and both Jace and Izzy turned to look at us. Magnus looks so upset again I wished I hadn't asked but I want to know, I need to know why he's crying so hard. He shakes his head and I shift to cup his cheeks. "Magnus please I need to know what's going on."

He looks at me then sighs and sits up moving so he's sitting in my lap, which is sort of comical considering all his lanky limbs and stuff but I don't mind. He's lighter than usual.

"... A year ago..." My heart is already sinking. A year? "You and Jace attacked a greater demon..."

"Y-yeah I remember that" I nod sitting up more.

"Well you fell and hit your head and I-I... Y-you forgot all about me"

My stomach flips and I furrow my eyebrows. "I-is that were you've been?"

"What do you mean Alec?" Jace chimes in putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Well I remember everything. The demon and all that. But when I woke up Magnus, you weren't there... For some reason I didn't question it..."

Magnus looked down squeezing his eyes shut tightly. I put a hand on his cheek and he takes in both of his kissing my palm. It absolutely breaks my heart.

I pull him down onto my chest and hold him close tucking him under my chin. Usually it's the other way around but I can't bear to see him so sad. Jace pats my back and looks at Magnus whose hiding against me. I can see the shaking of his shoulders.