The Date (Part 1)

So I'm not even done with this chapter and I HATE IT!! HOWEVER!! The show must go on and in order to progress I must grin and bear it. In other news I have made a release schedule! So it's not so willy nilly I'll release ever Sunday cause Sunday is great. Thank you for your views and votes!!

----------------------------------------------

Alec's POV

Ok. Let's go through the check list again. Pants with no holes in it. My nicest shirt, really Jace's nicest shirt; a white button up that I'm pretty sure was from a dead guy but it'll have to do. Stele, knife in ankle holster and a coat. That sounds about right I guess.

I still can't believe I'm doing this. It's ridiculous! Why on earth would Magnus Bane go out with just... Me. I'm nothing special, I've been told before. I'm just plain old Alec getting walked on by other people.

But maybe I deserved a little fun. Maybe I deserved this date. That's the whole reason I asked him out.

I do not have a "gaydar" so when Magnus flirted with me I jumped at the chance. I never know you know! I mean guys are just so complicated I don't know if they're my buddy or like... You know? Then again I don't have very many guy friends soooo.

Dang it. My mind is wandering again. I need to focus on what I'm going to say. Hi I'm Alec... He knows who I am. Man this is going to be a long night.

Magnus POV

CHECK LIST!!

One: is my hair spiked enough? CHECK!!

Two: do I have more than just a healthy coat of glitter? CHECK!!

Three: am I wearing clothes that probably get me started at? Mm probably but I've dumbed it down for Alexander knowing the attention might freak him out. Also taking into account I don't want to completely out shine him.

Four: eyeliner? Yep!! Matches my fabulous cat eyes!!

I personal think I look great and usually I don't care what other people think, I'm the fabulous Magnus Bane for heavens sake, but right now I'm terrified. Why? Because I'm afraid those beautiful blue eyes will look at me like most shadowhunters do. With complete disgust. I don't think I'll be able to recover from that type of rejection ,not from someone who I'm so desperately trying to impress.

And that guy is on his way right now and I still look like a traffic sign which is usually a good thing but I don't think it will help me in this occasion.

Maybe lose the neon pink shirt. It sort of screams "I'm super gay and on a date" and I'm not sure how out of the closet Alec is. I change it for a black shirt that says "I like cats" on it with my red skinny jeans and converse. The red might be a bit much but I can't give up all my color.

By the time I talked myself into changing into a nun's outfit I was saved by the doorbell.

Alec's POV

I thought the first time I rang the doorbell was hard but this was like challenging hell itself to a duel. By the time I made my mind up to run away the door opening to revel a jaw dropping gorgeous Magnus Bane. I'm not usually into flash, you just have to look at my clothes to tell that, but he was stunning without even trying.

I shut mouth tightly at seeing he's obviously pleased smirk as he leaned on the doorframe looking like casualness personified. "Hey sexy. Looks like you dressed up just for me. I'm flattered"

I didn't realize none holy pants counted as dressing up but heck I'll take it. By the Angel I want to kiss you. His laughter brought me to realize I was actually speaking. Like really words.

"Easy tiger you haven't even bought me dinner"

Oh.

Great.

What have I done he's going to think I'm way to eager!! He's going to be creeped out by it I swear I have the best luck on these stupid things! Granted I've never been on one of these things...

"Um-I-I mean you look-you.. You look great" I manage to salvage a disaster because his face lights up with that killer smile. I always want him to smile at me like this, as if I've handed him the world.

"Why thank you Alexander" he says doing a cute little bow and I don't even correct my name. I like it when he says it.

"Um... So I was thinking-" I was cut off by his finger pressed to my lips.

"Don't worry. I was think just a night in. It's pretty cold and I do not have a jacket that matches with this outfit" he smiled down at me because of course he's almost a head taller than me.

I nod gratefully and return his smile as he gestured for me to go in.

Magnus's POV

Of course I have a jacket that matches this outfit. However, one it's covered in gold glitter and makes me look sparklier than Edward Cullen in the Nevada desert, two it is very cold and my jacket is very thin and you'd only catch me dead in anything that's actually warm unless it matches my outfit, and three I wanted to spend a night in. I wanted to judge how much I can get away with without sounding the warning bells.

Alexander walked in looking around my house that's been decorated for the occasion. It's a warm cottage theme today with a huge love seat that basically eats you but is only big enough for two and coffee tables and rugs and wood you know manly type of stuff. The type of stuff that makes you want to sleep. Chose which sleep you think I mean.

As he sat on the love seat and smiled at me I knew I was in for a perfect evening whatever happened.

"Anything to drink Mister Blue Eyes?"