Chapter 2- the plane trip

Lulu's pov

When I got to the airport I started to get a little scared, okay a lot scared. London is whole other world compared to sunny California! But mum obviously trusts this guy if she is sending me to live with him for three months.As we walked through the door mum yelled out "Liam, is that you? Oh my, look how old you are now!" "Hello Aunty Carrie! How are you? Lulu? You haven't changed a bit since you were five years old!" He said whilst I just looked to the ground as my cheeks turned bright red. "Oh don't worry Liam, she is just shy!" Mum informed him. For the next couple of minutes Liam and mum talked about lord only knows what. I looked up and studied Liam's face. He looked so familiar but I just couldn't place him, he then looked at me and gave me a bright smile. I just gave him a slight shy smile and lowered my head back to the ground. Why did he look familiar? Maybe I remembered him from when I last saw him from when we met years and years ago! "Okay Lulu, we had better get going if we want to get the plane on time!" Liam said interrupting my thinking. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no! This is what I was dreading, the moment I had to say goodbye for three months. I jumped into mums arms and sobbed into her shoulder.

"You'll be fine honey! I love you and I will miss you!" Mum whispered to me "I'll see you very very soon, behave lulu and don't get up to much mischief!" She continued. "I have to go or I'll miss my flight to Boston! Bye Liam, bye Lulu have fun!" And with that she was walking in the opposite direction. Liam bent down to my level, wiped a stray tear and said "I know your sad Lulu but we are going to have lots of fun! Now let's go before we miss our flight." "Okay, thank you." I replied and before I knew it I was walking towards a plane to London, England.

Liam's pov

When I saw Lulu all I could remember was when I last saw her when we were visiting from England she was only five and as cute as a button! I know that most eleven year old boys don't say that but anyone would say it about Lulu! I was talking to Carrie and she looked up at me with her eyebrows knitted together, did she recognize me from one direction? I shot her a smile and she gave me a shy smile before lowering her focus back to the ground. Oh well I got a smile, getting her out of her shell may be harder than I thought. "Okay Lulu, we had better get going if we want to get the plane on time!" I told her and she immediately had a panicked look on her face, she jumped into her mums arms and looked like she was never going to let go. When her mum walked away I bent down to level and wiped away a tear and told her it would be okay and we would have fun, she started to look a bit better and with that we walked to through the gates to the plane and got in our seats ready for the flight. "Lu, it will be a long flight so you should get some sleep." I told her "okay" she mumbled in response and closed her eyes, all of a sudden my eyelids started to get heavy and I drifted of to sleep as well.

Lulu's pov

I woke up to find myself on Liam's shoulder. I slowly removed myself from his shoulder making sure not to wake him and pulled out the hunger games and started to read it.

About an hour later Liam woke and said "the hunger games? You have a good taste in books!" 'Thanks" I replied quietly "So, tell me about yourself Lu!"

"Ahh ok, umm I love to read and dance and listen to music. You probably already know that dad died last year and yeah that's pretty much it! I said "I'm really sorry about your dad, he was my favorite uncle!" He replied. "Oh really?" I said with a sad tone "oh sorry i'll stop talking about it" he said "it's Okay" I replied but then our conversation was interrupted with 'Ladies and gentlemen please turn off all electronics and fasten your seat belts as we are landing, thank you for flying British airways have a good day!' "I can't wait to introduce you to all my friends! This will be fun!" Liam said "Neither can I" I said and for the first time I actually meant it, I really like Liam he is so nice and caring and I don't think he will do anything bad to me, so I am feeling really good right now! "Lu? Come on love time to get off!" Liam said interrupting my thoughts, what is with everyone doing that to me lately! "Yes, leggo!" I replied and he chuckled!

We got to the exit of the plane and I was blinded by a million flashes in my face. What is going on?