Day 7

Day 7 (Not Edited)

_____

"So... How's life?"

Kale quirks an eyebrow, "I just saw you yesterday Rory."

"Oh, right..." I trail off awkwardly.

"Yeah... Did you need something?" He asks, perplexed.

I shake my head vigorously, "Uh, nope. Just wanted to make sure everything is alright since... yesterday."

Lie.

I wanted him to mention something about last night. Did I make a complete idiot of myself by telling him we're a family? Does that make me his wife or baby momma or something?

He blinks, "Yeah. Everything is fine since, " He checks his phone, "7 hours ago."

Really? We've been uncomfortably standing in the hallway -for the past 10 minutes- for him to act like a smart ass AND not comment on last night's events? How much of the prick-dose can one have in their system?

I direct a glare at him and yell 'great' before storming off. Apparently, I had wasted my breath on a good-for-nothing jerk who will never ever change.

"WAHHHH!"

Ugh, what a great morning.

____________________________

Kale's POV

I stare at her retreating back in confusion.

OK, I lied.

I stare at her retreating ass in confusion.

What I should be thinking is: 'What's her problem?'

What I'm actually thinking is: 'Has that ass always been so sexy?'

I shake my head and force myself to snap out of it. For the last couple days, I have been actually enjoying Rory's company. Living alone -without parents or a guardian- can make a person desperate in their desire for affection. The times that Rory talked to me, even when she was cursing or yelling and not necessarily talking, were enough to make that hunger for love growl loudly. As much as I wanted to get away from her, I just couldn't. She was like a magnet pulling me in. Maybe it was her fierce personality or her stupid sense of humor. And maybe even (just a little bit) her sexy ass.

I groan and run a hand through my hair. What the actual fuck? I watch as Rory's slim body disappears around the corner and my mini-me stirs in delight.

No no no. I will NOT have a hard-on in the middle of the hallway.

'Think of the old librarian!' I scold myself, shuddering in the process.

The first time I visited the local library was when I was a freshman. The librarian there had to be at least 75 and what does she do? She tries to hit on me. I mean I know I'm a freaking babe but she -someone who probably lives with 300 hundred cats and an emergency casket- is too old for me. Needless to say, I haven't been back there since.

I glance down and thankfully the trick worked.

Did I seriously just get hard for Rory? The same brat who annoys the death out of me and has to put her nosey-self in my business? I mean sure it's been nice spending time with someone who doesn't want me for my money or fame but seriously? Rory? I could never like her and even if I ever do (which is highly unlikely), I couldn't get her involved in my already shitty life. Her life was way to perfect for that.

'Just like her perfect ass.' My conscience taunts.

Again, I feel movement below. I groan and slam my head into the wall.