Day 9

Day 9 (Not Edited)

 ____

 "Hey! Give that back you little turd!" I yell as Julian howls with laughter, a stolen fry in his hand. Lanie sits across from us, giggling at our behavior. It's safe to say that Lee and I were back to being friends. I mean we were never really not friends, but the whole asking me out and rejecting him made things a bit awkward. It was about as awkward as the silence last night after Kale asked me about Julian. It was none of his business and I didn't have to tell him anything about my social dilemma but due to my lack of brain capacity and verbal dysentery, I did.

 And now Kale was back to his emotionless state. Last night he barely talked to me and this morning, he didn't show up to class. Again! I have no clue what is going on with him because one minute he's smirking and the next he's pissed off for no apparent reason!

 Maybe the guy has bipolar disorder...

 "Rory." I mean that would explain everything!

 "Rory?" Maybe I should confront him about it. But don't people with disorders hate confrontations? Hm...

 "Rory!"

 "Huh?" I whisk my head in the direction of the voice, "What?"

 "I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes Rory," Julian says looking amused.

 "Oh sorry."

 "Sure you are," Lee rolls his eyes, "Hurry up and get to fifth period. Lunch is over."

 "Really?" I ask in shock. Had I been thinking to myself for that long?

 When I get no answer in return, I survey the empty cafeteria. The only sounds viable were coming from Lanie and Lee's petty argument. They seemed to be bickering a lot these days. If only I could get them to shut up.

 I gather my things to leave, "Bye Lanie!"

 No reply.

 "Uh bye Lee!"

 No reply.

 "Um, aren't you guys going to go to class?"

 Again no reply.

 "I'm dying from cancer and I have only two days to live!"

 Still no reply.

 Wow. Huffing, I stomp my way to Child Developmental class. The bell hasn't rung which means I wouldn't be late. At least that was one thing that was on my side.

(Two steps later)

"BRRRIINNGG!"

"Oh my God, you just had to jinx it didn't you! Stupid stupid stupid!" I yell while banging my head on the nearest locker.

 "I see you're in a good mood."

 Without stopping I groan, "Go away."

 Kale replaces the locker with his hand, "You know you shouldn't do that right? You need all the brain cells that you can get."

Scowling, I push his hand away and continue my previous actions. "Ha! You're so funny I forgot to laugh."

 Chuckling, Kale stops my head-banging session once more, "I'm serious."

 I tun to fiercely glare at him but my expression falters once I see his face. He was smirking! Wasn't he just emotionless and boring only an hour ago?

 "Are you bipolar?" I blurt before I can help myself. My eyes widen. Holy hell, why did I just say that?

 Kale's face maintains itself with a smirk, "Are you a lesbian?"