Day 25

Hello there! This is the new chapter as promised! 

I'm going to summarize what's happened so far because I know it's been a while and a lot of people have requested that I do a summary. 

Summary so far:

When it comes to seventeen-year-olds Aurora “Rory” West and Kale Mathews, there is no such thing as the concept of ‘common ground.’ Their interactions (the little that they have) are always filled with overly-sarcastic remarks and countless number of trips to the principal’s office. But one day, when a particular interaction goes a bit too far, their principal decides to punish them with The Baby Project.  A month long project, worth more than half their grade, that tests their parenting and teamwork skills. In the beginning, the partnership is discarded as a joke by both students. However, when threatened with the possibility of expulsion,  Rory and Kale reluctantly agree to make peace for the sake of their education. This mutual compliance is eventually what embarks their unique journey from hatred to friendship to love, unraveling dark, untold secrets from each other’s past. In time, Kale learns about Liam- Rory’s abusive ex-boyfriend who blames her for the death of his parents- and Rory gets a look at Kale’s dark past- where he worked for his father, Robert: the leader of one of the biggest human-trafficking cults in the nation. Rory and Kale’s relationship grows strong, despite their troublesome backgrounds. Well, grows strong, that is, until it is discovered that Liam and Robert have been secretly working together for the past few months.  Tensions truly reach a critical point when Rory is later kidnapped. In the last three chapters you find out that Rory's friend, Julian, used to work with Robert and how he is also kidnapped and later killed.

Here's the dealio: The last three chapters were there as flashbacks to show what's been happening these past few days to Rory. In this chapter, present day, you will witness what's happening after Julian's death (which was the day before) (also, Rory is still kidnapped)

_____________

Day 25 (Present)

_____________

"Morning, beautiful."

I groan and pull away from a grinning, too-close-for-my-liking Liam.

I shuffle further away as pets my hair. "I'm not your dog."

He stands up from his spot on the ground. "That's right... You're my bitch."

"I'm not your anything, you idiot." I say with a sigh. This spectacle- of him coming in the room, trying to make me to love him, and then getting verbally abusive when I reject him- has been happening everyday since I've been kidnapped.

I was getting tired of his stupidity. 

"You're acting normal for a girl who'd just seen her dumb ass friend die." Liam ponders out loud while frowning.

I clench my teeth when he refers to Julian. Truth be told, I was wondering the same thing- why was I so calm? Why did I feel nothing? I was a completely different person then 

"Don't call him names."

Liam laughs forcefully. "I will call him what I want, Ree."

"Don't call me that."

He gasps mockingly. "No? Why don't I call you... sweetheart?"

I push against the cuffs around my hands, wishing to punch his face. "Get out."

"Oh, that's cute, sweetheart. It really is, but this isn't your room. I'll get out when I want to."

Liam moves towards me. "I wish I could just touch you." My heart beats rapidly in fear as he touches my face. "I wish I could really touch you. Oh, the things I could-"