Day 11+12

Day 11+12

Not Edited

___________

 "So who's this Julian boy?"

"Oh my God mom!" My wet hand unconsciously slams onto my chest, "Don't scare me like that!"

She leans against the fridge and looks at me expectantly. I sigh, "He's a friend."

"Just a friend?"

I knew this would happen, "Yes. Just a friend."

"But do you like him?"

Groaning, I dry my hands and finish with the dishes, "No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

My mother narrows her gaze, "You're lying."

What was she? A freaking mind reader?

Another groan escapes from my mouth, "Go away mom."

She huffs and crosses her thin hands over her pretty blue A-line dress, "Watch your words Aurora!"

I roll my eyes and let them drift around the kitchen. Maybe if I don't pay attention to her, she'll go away... I force myself to examine the cream painted walls, the numerous paintings that hung on the walls (courtesy of Cyan, River, Vienna, and myself), and the family portrait on the wall. Our house was the epitome of the "homely feeling". Though, we are not as rich as most of the families at school, I always thought I had the best family and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

"So you like him?"

My gaze narrows in on the clock and then shifts to my mom, "Oh, look at the time. I need to go."

"You said you needed to be there by 10."

"Exactly! It's 9:30, I don't want to be late."

"Kale lives right next door."

Right.

"Aurora Marie West..." She warns.

I throw my hands up in defeat, "Fine! I like him and he's already asked me on a date but I don't know..."

She grins ecstatically, "Oh hon! That's great! You're going aren't you?"

"I actually told him no..." I sheepishly trail off.

"You did what?"

"I told him no..."

Mom sighs and takes my hands in hers, "I know how hard it's been for you this past year but you have a beautiful life with beautiful people. You can't let one incident bring you down."

"It already brought me down."

My mother visibly flinches at my cold tone. I sigh, "I'm trying okay? And I think I'm fine without another boy in my life right now."

After much conflict ion, she thankfully drops it. "Thanks for doing the dishes bud."

"No problem," I reply along with a hug, "I'll see you tomorrow night. Tell River that if he even thinks of touching my orange juice, he's dead."

 She chuckles, "I'll let him know."

With a little laugh of my own and the baby in my bag, I walk out and make my way to Kale's.

The door opens not two seconds after I ring the doorbell. My eyebrows furrow, "You actually have a shirt on?"

Why?

My neighbor stood in front of me wearing a blue v-neck and a pair of light wash jeans. Kale grins and runs a hand through his hair, "Well good morning to you too sweetheart."