Day 16 (Part 2)

Kale's POV

_________

I can't help but smile at Rory's reaction as I follow her through the doors. My eyes linger on that cute butt of hers as I think of last night when I asked her to be my girlfriend. I was happy that she said yes because a part of me was afraid to be rejected- as pussyish as that sounds. 

"Kale!" Tyler's voice breaks my thoughts. I turn around, "What's up man?" He shakes his head, "Nothing much. I haven't seen you in a while, just checking up."

I give him a look, "Ty you saw me two days ago." He holds up his hands, "No need to get defensive dude. The last time I didn't see you face-to-face for two days, it didn't turn out too well."

I freeze and a heavy silence settles between us. "Well," I finally bite out. "I guess that's why this isn't last time and now is now."

Tyler sends me a confused look and tries to speak before I cut him off, "It's not necessary to mention anything about that again. I've already told you this."

He looks away, "Whatever." Without another word he walks away. My jaw clenches. "Damn it," I mutter. Way to be an asshole Kale!

Running a hand through my hair, I walk in the direction Tyler went to apologize. I should be glad he was such a great friend, even though I hated to talk about what happened back then. 

As I walk through the halls, I hear Rory's voice from around the corner. Just as I'm about to go to her, I hear a second voice ask her a question- Julian.

On instinct, I hide in a little caddy space so I wouldn't be caught if she turned the corner.

"How'd you go from zero to lovers overnight?" The dickhead asks. I hear Rory scoff, "We're not lovers  Lee. He simply asked me out and I said yes."

"Just like that?" Dickhead asks in disbelief. I smirk.

"Weren't you the one who told me to give Kale a chance? Why do you sound shocked?"

Wait, this prick who wants to get in Rory's pants told her to date me? What the hell is wrong with this guy?

"I know. It's just- I didn't think he'd ask you so soon..."

"Well- uh- he did so..." Rory trails off bitingly. I smile. That's my girl!

'My girl? Kale you've only started dating this chick, chill out man.' My conscience says. I frown. What was wrong in calling my girlfriend, my girl?

"But you guys don't know anything about each other!"

I hear Rory hesitate, "It doesn't matter! What is wrong with you Julian? Just yesterday you were fine with this and now you're acting like an asshole!"

I clench my fists as the dickhead says something inaudible. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. Rory and I didn't really know each other that well apart from the forced questions from the stupid baby project. We've never actually taken the time to sit down and learn.

Maybe I needed to take her on a date...

"I have to get back to class," I hear my girlfriend say whilst walking away. I slowly take one step out of the caddy, but quickly hide myself in again when I hear footsteps turn the corner. 

"Hey," Julian says into his cellphone, "It's done."

With that he walks past me and down the hall. Staring at his retreating back, an unsettling feeling piles in my stomach. 

What was done?

__________________

"Kale man. I swear you and Rory being a thing is bigger news than Kanye and Kim! The whole school's talking!" Justin states, stuffing his face with a hot dog. From the corner of my eye, I see Rory look at him in disgust and I smile, "Well, we are definitely more attractive than those two so it makes sense."