Day 16 (Part 1)

Dedication: Wanderrlust for making me laugh!

Hello! Sorry for the delay!

I just want to address quick little thing- A lot of people have messaged me saying that they think the use of 'Jesus Christ' is somewhat offensive to them. For those people who kindly messaged me- thank you for telling me! Starting now, I will not use that term anymore. For the times I've used it previously, I'll go back and fix that after the book is finished and ready for editing!

If you have anymore concerns or opinions like these, don't be afraid to PM me! I will always reply back to those types of messages whenever I have time!

_________________________

"Wah!"

I rub my temples with my knuckles. How the hell did Kale deal with this annoying little brat for two consecutive days? I've only had it for nine hours and I'm nearly bald.

I'm not going to have kids. Ever.

I'm not even going to have sex- I'll just die a virgin. Better safe than sorry as they say.

"Wah!"

"Dear Lord," I stare at the plastic bundle of evil that lay on my bed in frustration. "If you don't shut up in two seconds, I will throw you out the window."

"A bit harsh don't you think?" I jump in surprise, "Holy crap! Kale! How did you get in?"

Casually leaning against my door (and still managing to be super hot by the way), Kale quirks an eyebrow at me, "Through the door?" He says in a smart-ass manner. I scowl at him, "I'm surprised Cyan let you come upstairs."

He lets out a deep chuckle that makes my stomach do flips, "He wasn't too thrilled that's for sure."

"How did you get past him?"

Smirking, he moves away from the wall and walks towards me, "I have my ways."

My heart joined my stomach's gymnastic fiesta, "I-you-oh!" I mutter out. Kale chuckles again and moves in closer, "Just my presence makes you nervous sweetheart?"

"N-No!" I state, pushing him away. Kale smiles, "I can hear your heart from hear Rory." I flush a deep red and cover my face with my hands. Oh my goodness. Way to go Aurora!

I hear Kale laugh once again, which did no good for my erratic heartbeat. "I was kidding Rory."

Wait what?

Slowly, I move my hands away so my eyes could peak up at Kale's handsome face. His eyes are a light jade, lit with amusement, and his pink lips are curved up in a smirk. "I'm glad to know that I make you feel something though."

I throw my hands back on my face with a groan, "You're an asshole."

"An asshole you're dating remember?"

"Unfortunately."

He moves my hands and places his own on my waist, "Are you saying that you don't want to date me?"

"No!" I yell. He raises an eyebrow. "I mean, yes. I don't want to." He raises the other eyebrow. "No! I mean, no I don't- goddamnit, you know what? I don't know what I want! I yell. I mentally curse for making an idiot out of myself. I will never get to live this down... Oh great! He's smirking already.

I poke his really firm chest, "You know what? I hate-" Before I can finish, Kale kisses me. If this is his way of shutting me up, I think I'd never stop talking. As I melt into the kiss, I trail my fingers along his shirt and up to his ridiculously soft hair. I seriously need to ask what conditioner he uses! I feel Kale smile into the kiss, before pulling away.

A slight frown settles on my lips. I was just getting started! That kiss wasn't even that long! Kale's amused voice brings me out of my thoughts, "The kiss was pretty long Rory."

My eyes grow wide. Shit! Did I say that out loud?

"Yes."

My eyes grow wider, "I said that out loud too?"

Kale ruffles my hair, "Yes sweetheart. Should I be worried you're going crazy? I don't want a lunatic for a girlfriend."

"Hardy har har. You're hilarious."

"I presumed so."

I shake my head, "Idiot," I mutter.

Suddenly, something pops into my head, "Wait!" Kale stares at me.

"Do you hear that?" I ask

"Hear what?"

"There's no more crying!"

Kale sends a look that could only mean, 'You're so stupid.' "Rory the baby stopped crying as soon as I got here."

My eye twitches. Kale backs up, "Maybe I do have a lunatic for a girlfriend."

Now both my eyes twitch, "You are such an asshole Kale Noah Mathews! I've been trying to get that thing to shut up for an hour and then you waltz in and it just magically shuts up! This is sexism to the extreme!"

Kale shrugs, "What can I say? I'm just too awesome."

I swiftly flip him off while grabbing the baby and my backpack off the bed. Kale grabs me by the elbow and pulls me towards him. "Hey now," He says, "I can't help being the amazing individual I am." I glare at him, "Yeah, but you can help stop being such an asshole."

"Can't. It's in my genes."

Huffing, I pull away and head for downstairs. If he was going to act this annoying, than I might as well give him the silent treatment.

"I'm giving you a ride by the way! We need to show off that my hot body has been claimed by you." I hear Kale call from the background. I groan. Why did I agree to date this guy?

'Because he's hot with amazingly silky hair and intoxicating kisses?' My conscience suggests. Ah, that's why.

____________________

"Ready to show Maple Bay who the hottest new couple in town is?"

I swallow nervously and look at Kale- previous conversations forgotten. "Everyone will talk Kale."

"So what?"

I ponder the question. I guess he's right. I mean so what if they talk? It's not like I'm going to be burned alive for dating the hottest guy in school.

At least I think I might not be.

Oh God. What if they cut me into pieces and feed me to alligators?

"They're not going to do that Rory."

I snap out of my thoughts and curse at my stupid mouth. "Come on sweetheart. It's going to be fine."

His words somewhat give me comfort, so I nod and get out of the car. As I wait for Kale to lock the car, I look around at the crowded parking lot of our high school. Just my luck everyone chooses this very day to stay outside longer than usual.

"Ready?" Kale asks.

I take a sharp breath and exhale, "I guess so."

He flashes me a smile that instantly makes me feel better, "Relax sweetheart." With that said, he winds an arm around my shoulders and we start walking towards the school doors.

Ok, I kid you not, the whole school stops and stares at us. If you don't know the feeling of a thousand pair of eyes staring at you, let me describe it this way- IT IS THE WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD. I felt as if Kale and I were the cornucopia and the others were the tributes.

Just at that moment, Kale leans down for a kiss and boom the whispers erupt! However, when his lips meet mine, everyone else disappears. The only thing I can focus on is him and the delicious taste of his lips.

The five minute bell rings and Kale pulls away, "Well, that was fun." I roll my eyes and tug on his arm, "Let's go to class you idiot."

________________

Social Media Links:

FB:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baby-Project/832129946813226

Instagram: manaal_ali

Twitter: its_manaal_yo

Tumblr: droppedjem

Ask FM: droppedjem

Email: officialdroppedjem@gmail.com