Day 10

Day 10

Not Edited

_____

"Rory! Look who's here for you!"

I stop brushing my hair and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Who could it be so early in the morning? Quickly tying up my hair, I finish off my look with a jeweled headband. After grabbing my school necessities (along with the baby), I run downstairs.

"Who-" I abruptly stop when I see the sight in front of me. And who did I see you might ask?

Kale Mathews.

A laughing Kale was sat at our dining table with my family around him.

My mom's the first one to notice me, "Oh hey Hun! Look who decided to join us today!"

I don't move from my spot nor do I remove my gaze from Kale, "What are you doing here?"

"Rory! No need to be rude!" My mother scolds, "He came here to give you a ride to school."

"Yeah!" Vienna chimes in.

"It wasn't tha- Wait, what?"

Before my mom can answer, Kale cuts in, "I thought you might need a ride since we're... friends and all."

It's a wonder my heart didn't have an attack from all the shock running through my body.

"Friends," I repeat.

Kale smirks.

"Rory, aren't you going to eat?"

I look at my dad, "Yeah, sorry." Everybody chuckles as I make my way to the only empty chair- which is conveniently across from Kale. While I'm pouring myself a glass of orange juice, I feel a kick on my shin. I splutter, sending Kale an irritated look, "Did you just kick me?"

He smiles a pseudo innocent smile and says, "Oops?"

I grit my teeth. I had forgotten that even though Kale and I were 'friends', he would still be his normal-asshole self.

"Hey!" Kale whisper-yells, "Did you just kick me?" I mimic his previous actions, "Oops?"

"Oh, game on." His foot meets my leg again.

This goes on for about two more minutes before Cyan eyes us suspiciously, "Are you sure you two are friends?"

The kicking stops, "Unfortunately," I say, watching Kale nod along as he take a sip of orange juice.

Cyan looks like he's about to say something before my mom jumps in, "How cute! And then the next thing you know you guys will be having sex and making babies! I can't wait!"

My dad coughs loudly and Cyan cracks up. Kale, however, is a different story. He sprays orange juice from his mouth faster than Usain Bolt runs. Now, normally I'd be laughing, but due to the fact that I was sitting right across from him, I saw nothing funny about it.

"EW KALE!" I scream, jumping up from my chair.

The idiot in front of me says nothing. Instead, he joins Cyan's laughter..

"UGH!"

"Aurora Marie West lower your voice! There is no need to be hysterical!"

I gape at my mother, "Are you serious? He just spit orange juice all over my face and you're lecturing me?"

She gives the don't-talk-to-me-like-that-young-lady look, "Clean yourself up. School is starting soon."

"UGH!" My feet stomp up the stairs to my bathroom. From the distance, I hear Vienna ask, "What is sex?"